Going to Beijing - LiFePo4 battery

Deepkimchi

1 kW
Okay, being here in Korea the wife talked me into taking the 4 day tour of Beijing.

Trying to find suppliers of LiFePo4 batteries. Wonder where Aiicsu is? :wink:

Tried writing to Kenny at Crystalyte, no response.

Hmm - maybe I should hunt down these guys http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11752641/Lifepo4_Auto_Car_Automobile_Maintenance_Free_Batteries.html

Strap 3 of these to the bike and I could cycle to the moon and back.

Deepkimchi said:
Okay, being here in Korea the wife talked me into taking the 4 day tour of Beijing.

Trying to find suppliers of LiFePo4 batteries.

Ooooo...A treasure hunt! That sounds like fun....:D

Don't forget to pack your voltmeter -- as you might have read, some Chinese companies have been selling LiCo and LiMn as LiFePO4. LiFePO4 has a peak cell voltage of 3.6v (can be charged to 4.2v, but will quickly settle back down to 3.6v); LiMn & LiCo, 4.2v.

Wonder where Aiicsu is? :wink:

Good luck finding him there...

How's the rest of the bike project coming?

Ordered my Cycleanalyst from ebikes.ca last and got it first.

Still waiting for all the other stuff, such as Andy at FalconEv's famous 2 month batteries. Kinda miffed - before I sent the check was 30 days, after I sent the check 60 days. Don't have a lot of choice..

The anderson connectors I got were strange, don't see how those could handle 40 amps. Got to see how they connect.

Still tempted to pick up stuff from Crystalyte in Beijing if I could get Kenny to answer. Should i invoke the name of the Forum? 8)

Deepkimchi said:
Ordered my Cycleanalyst from ebikes.ca last and got it first.

Still waiting for all the other stuff, such as Andy at FalconEv's famous 2 month batteries. Kinda miffed - before I sent the check was 30 days, after I sent the check 60 days. Don't have a lot of choice..

Sounds from their site like ebikes.ca plans to carry lithium in lieu of their problem-prone Nexcell nickel batteries -- that'll really help the lithium pack supply situation.

The anderson connectors I got were strange, don't see how those could handle 40 amps. Got to see how they connect.

I have the 30 and 45 amp versions -- haven't seen the 40 amp contacts. The contacts on the 30 and 45s are both the same size -- very small -- but, judging by the lack of voltage sag, they do seem to work as advertised.

Still tempted to pick up stuff from Crystalyte in Beijing if I could get Kenny to answer. Should i invoke the name of the Forum? 8)

That should put the fear of god in him...:)

Lifepo4_Auto_Car_Automobile_Maintenance_Free_Batteries.jpg

You can imagine how much I'd like three of those! :wink:

The anderson 15 and 30 amp tips are the same.. the 45's are thicker.. both tips use the same plastic housings... fyi.

The LiFe 12v bricks = very interesting..... hmmm...

Kenny, sometimes takes a few days to reply, and sometimes you need to email a few times, i suspect he receives ALOT of email, so unless you are talking big order... it may be difficult to get an answer . :wink:

The anderson 15 and 30 amp tips are the same.. the 45's are thicker.. both tips use the same plastic housings... fyi.

I have the 45's and the 30's -- the tips on both look the same size to me. The joint to the wire holder part is shaped a little different.

http://www.flyrc.com/articles/using_powerpole_1.shtml
The popular 30-amp (12 to 16-gauge) size of Powerpole contacts fit in the same housings as the 15 and 45, and the assembled connectors mate regardless of which contacts are used. The only real difference between the contacts is the size of wire that they accept.

powerpole06.jpg

Hello to all,

and Thanks to Deepkimchi,

and good luck in the hunt.

as of right now the battery pack is the only preesing issue for me and I'd love a better supplly of those nicer lithiums .

Btw is that above picture oversized (perhaps to get the text bigegr?)!

sorry,

5-10 M$ sales per anum and address a room??

hmm

no potential money available forUS distribution?

where is jim Cramer?

I wonder what a minimum order #S are?

Deep Could you possibly get a pamphlet ?

be careful
thanks.

Btw is that above picture oversized (perhaps to get the text bigegr?)!

Depending on your screen size and resolution, the picture of the Powerpoles is scaled up by a factor of about 4X. The picture of the batteries, I imagine, is scaled down -- it'd be nice to fit 360 watt-hours in my fist. :)

If you can go as far as Shenzhen, might be worth checking out Thundersky. I had a friend, a journalist, who visited them. couldn't get a story but had a fun time riding around on their scooters.

http://www.thunder-sky.com/products_en.asp

smallest lifepo4 are 40AH by the looks of it.

I checked on Shenzhen's location - far south of Beijing. Seems both Thundersky and Yesa are in Shenzhen.

I priced the airline tickets from Seoul to Shenzhen. Over $ 600.
Heck I could order batteries, take a chance, and come out the same..

Got 2 emails from Kenny at Crystalyte. He doesn't give tours of the factory in Beijing unless you are a Crystalyte member (must purchase 50 items) - namely a dealer. He also says there are no dealers in Beijing.

Think I'll check for dealers once I'm there. H--, you can buy an Ipod for 20 bucks, but can't find Crystalyte products?

I wouldn't let the "room" spook me - the mentality is different. Space is tight here in Korea. They could have a large room as the business office and factory somewhere else. I don't even have a street address - the address is korea, then district, then county, then town, then the land parcel (block) has a number, then building #. :p

Any dealings with price - from what I see here and reading about China, wouldn't accept the first price they offer. Heck they might be making 12V LiFePo4 at $50 per 12V battery. :wink:

Wrote to these guys, we'll see - http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.yesa.com.cn/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dyesa.com.cn%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG%26as_qdr%3Dall

A car battery doesn't need to deeply discharge. I wonder if those LiFePo4 car batteries are deep discharge? They might not be. However, high discharge rates would be a requirement for a car battery because you need to crank a motor over to get it to start. Hmmmm...

There seems to be 2 different LiFe versions, Hi-Rate and Lo-Rate

The high rate cells can deliver much higher C rate ( up to 40C ), but at a reduced cycle life ie: 500 to 1000 depending on level of abuse. and dod

The Lo-Rate cells if kept to 5C or less, are said to deliver 1000 to 2000+ cycles... aparently has something to do with the powder used for the anode/cathode ?? getting facts from those in the know is not easy.. it's a cut-throat world out there and everyone has tight-lips.

I'm of the opinions that information should be shared and exposed, informed customers are the best policy, etc... but i'm new to the business world so what do i know.. :?

Hello Aiicsu

I'll only be in the Beijing area. You are pretty far south.

You've probably been asked this several times, but what would be the price for a 36 V 10ah pack of LiFePo4 ? Also the same but 15 ah price?

Also need to know the Continuous (all the time) discharge rate of your packs. _C rate.

Would these come with an attached BMS system, and do you have chargers for these batteries (specifically for LiFePo4)?

What would be the dimensions of the 36 V 10 ah & 15 ah pack?

And lastly, have you shipped anything to South Korea before? Approx shipping costs?

I'm not a dealer, but would hope to get a reasonable price for what they would sell for in China, plus a good profit for you.

B

Back