My Imax b6 wants to overcharge

mxer

1 kW
I know this charger is pants and it's only going to used till i can afford an icharger and intially charge my new 6s lipo's so i can test them, cycle them on the bike etc before seriesing (I have a 24v contrller to test)...

Reading through the manual, The charger for Lipo is set to 4.2v i don't want to go this high 4.1 max...Anyway of changing this ??

I also read in the manual Lilo charges to 4.1? but i don't know what lilo is and even if i did i can't find the setting anyway :lol:

anyone with an easy set up guide to setting this to 4.1..

Disclaimer: I promise to launch this toy charger to the Moon, once my man's one turns up :wink:

Lilo setting will charge to 4.1, if it has that setting at all.

The battery medic could possibly be even less accurate than your imax. It will attempt to balance all the cells to the lowest common denominator, regardless of the voltage.

mxer said:
Will it be best to use the charger and balance with my medic? That way I can terminate at 4.1??

Go to user set program

first option should say lipo v. type 3.7

change it to say liIo v. type 3.6.

go back and charge as normal and it should terminate at 4.1 though I've found its more like 4.11-4.15

as you said... the Imaxes tend to overcharge a bit.

Cool thanks. Have read in the manual about Lilo maxing Out to 4.1 will try to find that setting.... thanks for the advice on the medic...

Oh and LiIo is Lithium Ion. by default its set to Lithium Polymer (LiPo)

Since they are both voltage sense charge types, its perfectly fine to charge LiPos as LiIos

@sundar. You are a darling...

.... was getting confused. You don't get to see the Max 4.1 setting just the lower settings....

Also what's the best amps to set at... take it you can't go to the full 5amps.. mines the built in AC version ...with 6s packs

I charge at 1c - 5 amps on my packs. I think the B6s have lower total outputs than the B8 I have though, so you may not be able to get that high. Just anything under 1c that your charger will handle will be fine.

Some would advocate half C though.

I've charged 1-2C (5-10A) for over two years and at least 500-600 cycles on a regular commuting basis. Those bricks are still performing well. Little more sag and slightly less capacity but not enough yet to bother measuring. I credit the 4.1-4.15v/cell top charge and rare deep discharges for their longevity more than anything else.

Back