Need help with the balancer wiring 8s <> 2 of 4s.

chroot

100 kW
Hi-

I wanted your help to check my diagram for the LiPo 8s2p setup.

When you look at my diagram, The bottom-left corner picture is the balancer 8S <> 2 of 4S balancer connectors wiring, I am using Turnigy hardcase 4s 5000mAh and I am using the iCharger 3010B 1000watt which capable support up to 10S. You see the LVC boards (green color) made by Geoff, I bought couple from him in past so I am recycle the lvc boards and put on new LiPo battery setup.

Is this correct the balancer wiring between 8S to 2 of 4s balancer connectors (A and B LiPo) for the proper balancing and charging the 8S.

PS. sky blue line is the balancer wiring connect to the LVC board in case if you want know.

Let me know thanks!

Attachments

• 8s2p setup.png
    8s2p setup.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 219
Looks correct to me, but i am not the best at reading diagrams :(

2 big parallel groups hooked into series works here. The one thing you will need to know is that the pack with the negative lead goes to the '-' part of the balance board, the pack with the positive wire goes to the '+' part of the balance board.

BTW, you can permanently series those packs, like i have:

29_betterparallel2.jpg

Looks right to me. Hard to read the diagram good enough to see which wires go where on the balance taps. What Nep said is correct, one set of paralelled packs would be + end of the board, then the other would be the - end

Okay... Here the positive and negative wiring diagram. What I saw on iCharger 3010B's balancer port's label neg and postive.

I hope this will be very crystal clear for you and let me know if it is correct wiring link for the balancer 8s <> 2 of A and B 4s balancers before I go ahead soldering the pigtail balancer wirings.

8s-4s balancers.png

The label on the iCharger's balancer port picture.

Back