• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

48v15Ah Battery - is it 16S1P or 16S3P LifePo4 cells?

imorton

1 kW
Hello Everyone, wondering if the attached photo of a 48v 15Ah LifePo4 battery from "sun-thing28" seller on eBay contains 16S1P of 15Ah pouch cells, or is it 16S3P of 5Ah pouch cells?

48v15ah LifePo4.jpg

He appears to have the same generic "pouch cell" photos on all of their LifePo4 batteries that they have for sale.

Anyone know whether it contains 5Ah cells, or 15Ah cells?

Thanks a million for your help/replies, IAN… :)

dnmun said:
pouches are 5Ah each

Hi dnmun, I guess you are basing this on experience, or what appears to be in the photo?

I guess the reason I ask is if this battery should develop a "bad cell", is it difficult to find a replacement 5ah or 15ah pouch to fix the battery.

Thanks again for replying. Ian :)

i have never seen a 15Ah pouch. i expect you will find it hard to repair it. i have rebuilt a dozen batteries, but very few people here ever repair batteries because it is considered hard and most do not have the skills to overcome this.

It's 3p 16s. each 3p section is three 5 ah pouch cells. If nobody else will, pingbattery.com might sell you some cells.

Do you actually have a problem?

Thanks guys, I was just looking at the "repairability" of a pouch style LifePo4. A battery with pouches is @ 1/2 price compared to a Headway pack.

I thought it was 5Ah cells, and it appears they are available should a repair be needed.

Thanks again… IAN.

I'll join in on the guessing :wink:

Take a look at this thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59510

It is very likely that the battery you are looking at is a 16s1p battery with pouches at 15Ah, and that's my guess from the size of my pouches that is 15Ah and the size of the battery you are asking about. Your battery is missing exactly the 12cm from the size of my battery(16s2p 48V 30Ah), which is 16 pouches at 8mm (and some mm for packing). And my battery appears to be from the same producer and seller.

That's my guess :D

We really need someone that actually knows.

/Philip

Attachments

• P1040403 800x600.jpg
    P1040403 800x600.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,287
Arvicola Terrestris said:
I'll join in on the guessing :wink:

Take a look at this thread:

It is very likely that the battery you are looking at is a 16s1p battery with pouches at 15Ah, and that's my guess from the size of my pouches that is 15Ah and the size of the battery you are asking about. Your battery is missing exactly the 12cm from the size of my battery(16s2p 48V 30Ah), which is 16 pouches at 8mm (and some mm for packing). And my battery appears to be from the same producer and seller.

That's my guess :D

We really need someone that actually knows.

/Philip

Thanks a lot for your very informative info. These batteries do seem like they come from the same source, and it makes sense that they are 15Ah pouches. Like you said, someone may take one apart to see exactly… :)

IAN

dnmun said:
the sun thing packs do not have 15Ah pouches, they are 5Ah. i thought i said that at the beginning.

Hi dnmun, I know what you said, but this thread below is saying something different, so unless you have physically opened one up, we are not sure at this point.

There appears to be no physical evidence at this point. IAN.

Well, bear in mind it's impossible that what sun thing sold last month is different from what he's selling this month. :roll:

You really wannna know, buy one and rip it open. Then we'll know what was sold this month.

You want spares? Have you tried asking sun thing for some?

Back