36 volt wind generator for charging

I'm kind of new to ebikeing . I have a 36 volt 500 watt motor on one bike and a middrive on the other. My battery is 36 volt 10ah lifepo 4.
I bought a small 36 volt wind generator and wondering if I could charge the battery while riding.
I was thinking the generator running off the tire and the power going to a wind generator charging controller.
Could this work.
Thanks for any answer's

I added a couple pics

Attachments

• 20161121_175524ShareLight.jpg
    20161121_175524ShareLight.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 20161121_175832ShareLight.jpg
    20161121_175832ShareLight.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,162
No.

Do a search for over unity or perpetual motion.

Basically you won't get back as much energy as you lose due to the friction of having to spin the generator and electrical losses. Leave the generator at home.

Do you even get small 36v wind generators?
Of course it will work. Like if you have a huge downhill you can get like 15% charge back.

And I can't see the pictures

I always start at the top of the hill. A couple years ago Golden West College in Huntington Beach California was showing people how to make a 48-inch wind turbine for their house. They probably have a whole website up on it. Good luck

It will work for charging the bike while moving, it just won't put more back in than it took out in the form of drag. So you end up using more energy than you can ever get back from the tubine, while in motion.

If you were riding into the wind, stop, charge, pack up the turbine to lessen drag, then continue. Or, you could plausibly pedal at 3 mph, with the motor off, and charge up because the wind is 15 mph. But ughh, too much pedaling, just stop and charge in the 15 mph wind.

A small turbine you can set up when stopped is still plausible, as is solar, as is a tiny gas generator. The solar and the generator will work in motion, while the drag of the wind turbine is so big is won't work well while in motion. There is wind drag on solar panels too of course, but not as much as the fan on the wind turbine would be.

Back