Good price battery supplier in USA. Don't order elsewhere

QuestionMan

100 W
If you are looking for 18650 cells you may want to look at this company. www.imrbatteries.com

Their prices seem really good for a supplier based in USA.

Lets look at if you wanted to buy 200 Sanyo 18650GA cells. These seem to be the most popular right now.
https://www.imrbatteries.com/sanyo-ncr18650ga-3500mah-10a-flat-top-battery/

Price would be $4.25 each at imr batteries.com, with free shipping. Get the cells quickly to your door from a supplier based right here in USA.

Tumuch here on the forum would charge you $3.39 + shipping + foreign conversion fees I believe, you are looking around $3.80 after shipping. But those cells may not be exactly new and he sells them with pulled off tabs and they will have weld marks. You also have to wait up to two months for shipping! Tumuch also never has the SanyoGA cells anyway in stock so you will be waiting months before he gets them in quantity if he ever will again.

ru.nkon.nl
https://ru.nkon.nl/sanyo-18650ga.html
They charge 3.10 Euro per cell, + for 200 cells 50 Euro shipping. It would be $4.12 per cell with shiping and paying the Euro conversion fee. You will also have to deal with possibly FEDEX charging you a brokerage fee for that international shipment.This means after a week they will hit you with like a $20 dollar fee you are forced to pay because they cleared your goods from customs.

So who do I recommend if you are in the USA? just buy the batteries at imrbatteries.com, You pay slightly more but you get your batteries in a week, no dealing with international issues and customs, or cells that have weld marks on them. From my research online they seem a very reputable place that everyone recommends.

I'm actually really happy we have someplace in the USA who sells them so cheap. I just placed an order with them after looking extensively for a small quantity of cells and couldn't believe their good prices for a supplier based here in the USA.

I will report back about how smoothly my order goes.

BTW. No I'm not affiliated anyway with IMRbatteries.com, I'm just offering some advice on the forum, I laid out the comparison shopping and links for you to compare prices. If you feel differently please post here as I am always looking for a better place.

I paid $661 including shipping for 250 Samsung 25R cells from nkon.nl last week

I just put 250 in my cart on IMR and it was $812.50 shipped

So almost 20% cheaper...

@S - how long did they take to ship it out? Any idea when it'll be arriving? Thanks for report, nkons prices are really good.

sailah said:
I paid $661 including shipping for 250 Samsung 25R cells from nkon.nl last week

I just put 250 in my cart on IMR and it was $812.50 shipped

So almost 20% cheaper...

You then have to really consider the cell you are pricing and quantity you want. I really only use the Sanyo 18650GA cells so that is really all I look at and the prices were close. But yeah, better always to shop around. Pretty much it is NKON that you should be comparing it to as they are almost guaranteed to be the cheapest.

But if you are someone who is buying 1000 quantity for multiple bikes or something, the price would then be $2.85 per cell, vs $2.64. So you should still compare for the quantity you need.

I'm not promoting anything here, so just go with the cheapest and how quickly you need the batteries. I'd easily pay $50-100 if I was in a rush to build a battery and didn't want to wait.

Back