DIY 18650 charger to increase bat life

lukas999

10 W
Hey guys

I would like to bulid charger for li ion 18650 bat pack for 18 S battery

I found sweet charger on the internet

charger.JPG

link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Een3Y-1UQQk

this is only 6 S but I need to find the way to connect 3 od this units to charge 18 S pack

what I like in this charger is adjustable voltage charging for each cell 4.15 V ........to 4.2 V

charging 18650 cell to 4.15 V increase life significantly and this is what I am looking for.

maybe there is some on this forum who knows this stuff

my question is can I connect 3 of them in series and use 3 separate power suplly ? like 3 laptop chargers 19 V ?

Thanks guys

how is this charger different from any other 6s charger? i mean, i own a 608 and i love it because of it's size and portability, but it's nothing special from a charging point.
you can connect 3 of them, IF each of them has an isolated power supply and IF you have 3 power connectors and 3 balance leads. 1 for cell 1-6, the second set for 7-12 and the third one for 13-18. they act independently.

If they are electrically isolated, that will work. If they share common ground, it will not. As I understand it, a transformer will be sufficient isolation as the high voltage and low voltage side are separated. There are however, other ways of stepping down voltage.

4.15v will not give you a lot of extra battery life. The guide is a doubling for every 0.1v. So double at 4.10, quadruple at 4.0 and eight times at 3.90 (although from memory, there is no benefit after 3.93).

hey guys

I am testing now 2/24 s bms from chargery.com

after firts balance charge battery cell votage is pretty much the same from 4,14 to 4,15 V per cell
what I really like about this charger is balance current - 1,2 A
that balance nicely my diy e battery pack ( old laptops 18650)

the way to extend battery life is do not charge cell to 4,2 V

charging to 4,15 V per cell or even less ( 4,1) extend battery life and minimise degradation significantly

more test to come

Lucas

Back