Bottom discharge (silverfish style) - name that connection?

drawk

10 mW
Hi all - I have a 'silverfish style' bottom discharge 36v battery. I need to adapt it to another application, and so would like to run a lead from it soldered to a different connection type (to be determined, but probably a male kettle style plug) - however, I am not familiar enough to know what this two-blade connection type is even called.

I did find a lead at https://pirez.com.au/silverfish-lithium-ion-battery-bottom-discharge-connection-plug-cable and this seems to be the only source I can find. I suspect that I am just googling wrong, however, not knowing the proper name for this connection type, if there is one.

Basically I want to plug a male lead into the bottom of the battery and run off that.

Thanks, and apologies if this is an embarrassingly basic question.

[edit: corrected url]

I suppose for testing I could just use two large enough blade connectors? Although I am unsure about what size I'd want to pick up/order.

For my testing, I just used large enough gauge battery leads, and just folded over the bare ends and jammed them hard into the female slots. Poked in there nice and hard with a plastic probe and taped in place was plenty good for some test runs.

Then if your testing works out, just skip the bottom blade connectors (which sometimes collect water and corrode), cut off the leads inside the case and run them to whatever connector you want, either installed in a new hole in the case or free floating outside the case with the wires glued in the hole. It makes one less connection to heat up in the current path too by not using an adapter setup.

Back