Lost my battery bottle key

Batteries, Chargers, and Battery Management Systems.
iamodugsebike
1 mW
1 mW

Lost my battery bottle key

Post by iamodugsebike » Nov 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Has anyone ever lost the key that locks their battery bottle to the holder? Is there a way I can make a key?

Right now I'm using a cam strap to hold the battery in place and it doesn't do that great a job.

- Doug

The fingers
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Lost my battery bottle key

Post by The fingers » Nov 27, 2017 3:19 am

Try a similar key or keys till one works, or learn to pick the lock and remove it to have a new key made. Helps to know a cheap locksmith who can look up the number on the lock if it has one. :wink:
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

tomjasz
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Nov 29, 2017 1:20 am

A clever locksmith can sort it. But the average smith will tell you it can't be done. Have had numerous customers get them made when the seller spaced the keys.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

dogman dan
100 GW
100 GW

Post by dogman dan » Nov 29, 2017 9:58 am

At E BikeKit, they deal with lost keys pretty regular. Unfortunately, the easiest fix was replacing the whole end cap of the battery, key and all.

If you remove the end cap, then you should be able to remove the lock, and then either locksmith it, or replace just the lock with one you find on the internet, that is identical.

As always, once you open it up, take the photo immediately, then label the wires before unplugging, if its an electric switch.