charger can only be bought directly from Trek?

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Well, there's something ya maybe don't see EVery day... seen here:

The bicycle thief who took his time when he knocked over a Springvale shop:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...p/news-story/5bd4475d2b485e83ef79456ad693cebf

In part:

Sen-Constable Colcott said the man manipulated the front door look to gain entry to the store before taking three adult size 56 bikes and one kids’ bike.

He said an electric bike was among those taken in the raid but the offender forgot the charger meaning the bike would only be good for about three rides.

The charger can only be bought directly from Trek, which has been advised to contact police if anyone attempts to buy the particular charger.

WATT??? A "Trek-brand" charger... like these?:
w308746.jpg

... seen here:
https://www.bikegallery.com/product/trek-e-bike-part-ride-battery-charger-45v-12963.htm

NOT condoning ANY thefts... but in this case would the "Trek-brand" charger plugs, voltage, etc really be so unique to Trek bikes? Huh.

Good salesman...

tomjasz said:
Good salesman...

Hehe... The clueless selling to the clueless... :lol:

Might look out for a new member though, looking to adapt a charger to a trek. He'll be looking for the right plug.

^^ Hehe... " looking to adapt a charger to a trek. He'll be looking for the right plug."...
(Speaking as one used to plugging a charger into ANY "normal" 120V AC electrical outlet. ) :lol:

I wouldn't put it past Trek to put a software handshake in their charger. That would make a captive market for replacement chargers while also protecting them from some liability when folks decide they want to quick charge and burn their stuff down.

'Kay. ANYbuddy rolling on a TREK electric wanna chime in to this tread? Please?...

I meant the proprietary plug between the charger and the battery.

And yeah, some of the terminals on that plug might be for what Chalo mentioned.

Bosch and Shimano mid drives use their specific batteries. Not specific to just Trek.

Bosch has a suicide funtion, disconnect the BMS and it dumps data and is dead.

Not really clear,
I have found a low-cost charger online for my eBike with Bosch system. Can I use it?”

Our charger is adapted specifically to the Bosch eBike system and has the right software for charging and managing the Bosch battery efficiently. Using a different charger voids the warranty and may reduce the service life of your battery as well as cause other damage or malfunctions in your eBike system.

There is a youtube video of a newer Bosch pack being charged with a cheap fanless charger.

Back