What do with spare cells

adamsavage79

100 W
My old battery pack had a bad cell, so I ordered a few cells to fix the pack, but only ended up using one.. Now I have 3 Headway (flat top) 38120 L 3.2v 10ah cells that I don't know what to do with. I've tried to sell them on Kijii, but I have not gotten a single bite. My pack I use now, is a 15ah pack. So these cells can't be mixed with the pack, and I wouldn't know how to add them to the BMS and such.

Suggestions ? I'm thinking of maybe turning them into a portable battery charger ? Not sure how easy or hard that would be to do either.

Buy a fourth one and make a 12 V starter battery for a motorbike.

adamsavage79 said:
rojitor said:
Lights pack?

That is possible, but how would I charge them ?

Something easy?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Original-AC-Adapter-10-5V-4-3A-for-SONY-VGP-AC10V8-SVD11-Touchscreen-Ultrabook-/272061418582

adamsavage79 said:
My old battery pack had a bad cell, so I ordered a few cells to fix the pack, but only ended up using one.. Now I have 3 Headway (flat top) 38120 L 3.2v 10ah cells that I don't know what to do with. I've tried to sell them on Kijii, but I have not gotten a single bite. My pack I use now, is a 15ah pack. So these cells can't be mixed with the pack, and I wouldn't know how to add them to the BMS and such.

Suggestions ? I'm thinking of maybe turning them into a portable battery charger ? Not sure how easy or hard that would be to do either.

Where do you live? You could sell it on this website, list pickup only in your ad if you are in a big city like Van, T.O., Calg, Edm or the like.

You could achieve 3.2V 20Ah or 6.4V 10Ah. Have you thought about maybe making a USB charger out of it? I think USB uses 5V, you could make 2 if you wish, buy a step up converter to get it from 3.2V to 5V and have 2 USB chargers 10Ah each. That would be kinda cool.

Other projects to think about for the cold Canadian winters, heated gloves and coat. I bought some Chromium wire from Fastech and I am going to make heated fabric.

What else, what about a bicycle light?

I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to battery cells. I had a friend replace the bad cell for me, as he is better @ soldering than I am. I'm not even sure how I would make them into a battery for a bike light, aside from linking them together.

Back