Battery Build Question

Burnt75

100 µW
I see were lots of people use the Multistar and other packs together to use for a battery. I came across something similar, but different. What I found were packs for sale made with LG18650 batteries. It is a 20 cell pack with 36v and 4.4 AH. I thought about putting 8 packs in the right configuration to make a 72 volt battery for a build I'm starting. It should be simple to series and parallel the wiring, but each pack has it's own BMS. What issues will there be if using a charger? The packs are 10s2p. I'm thinking it would work in parallel for 36 but have issues in series. New to battery build.

Those balance board packs do look attractive. 4 in parallel x 2 in series would make a good size pack also. I have looked at these also. Thinking you would want to setup one BMS to control the entire pack via connected parallel string of 10 cells that you would connect across the four packs and charge across the 20s with an appropriate charger that can work with the BMS. Once you get above 6s, charging gets a bit more complicated and the reason many opt out for 6s packs they can pull apart and charge seperately.

The LG cells are not great tbh, the Samsung cells are better. I made a 7p13s for a emmo urban and it’s great. I made a 14s version for my motorino and it’s range is not great as I have it going 45km/hr most of the time. The Samsung cells I made the same battery and got to work and back twice, just but more importantly I could get away with charging to 85%. I think I for relatively low power uses with no real need to worry about space like in scooters there okay but if your looking to cram ina tight space they will be dissapointing. However if your learning to build packs and still want an end product that you can use occasionally or store away for an emergency it’s a great way to pass an evening.

Best off taking the packs down and making them fit your application rather than try and fit them as packs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tndGpUiWPdqqz8nGruxwe2WA7thBT9Yd

Back