Known good BMS (for 10s)?

Buk___

10 kW
The Amazon 10s4p battery pack that I recovered thanks to the kind help if the guys here seems to be standing up well.

However, one thing I've measured is the difference in voltage/capacity drop if I leave the BMS connected and without.

If I just let the pack stand without the BMS connected, there is no measurable drop in the pack voltage over 10 days or more.

But if the BMS is connected, the drop is something like -- I didn't take good notes :( -- 0.1V /day from 41.5V down to ~37V. The drop rate then tails off quite markedly, but presumably that's because it has moved into the meat of the capacity at 37v.

Firstly, does the rate of drop -- as badly described as it is -- indicate a particularly power hungry BMS? Presumably all BMSs must draw some power to do their monitoring, even when that is all they are doing; but I'm guessing not all BMS boards are equal in their design. Does mine sound particularly bad?

And, are there any 'known good' BMSs that anyone could recommend as a replacement for the the one I have?

Back