How many cells into this frame?

FlyingFinn

100 W
Does anybody have ideas how many 18650 cells this frame can take? I will install the controller outside so only need to have space for the battery itself. The pack itself doesn’t have to be square, other shapes possible also.

My goal is to build a battery with real 200km range. Hubmotor will be 8000w and voltage 72v. Weight of the bike will be around 55kgs.

62C360F8-31F7-4855-9FD7-219CAD07FB8A.jpeg
5B83F44D-AC56-4417-B5AB-486CB9DFBA77.jpeg

If you get the measurments from the manufacturer, you can make a cardboard model of it, or a drawing at full size on paper, then lay cells out in or on it to find the pack size/layout you want.

Realistically you can fit about 450 with some room for wires and connections. I had 360 in mine at one time. Not saying you couldnt shoe horn up to possibly 500 but it would be awkward at best with (4-5?) multiple separate packs. I used the side cover spacers to make mine about 1" wider so my cells could fit end to end 2 wide. I made 3 separate 8s15p modules that made 24s15p.

Tom

litespeed said:
Realistically you can fit about 450 with some room for wires and connections. I had 360 in mine at one time. Not saying you couldnt shoe horn up to possibly 500 but it would be awkward at best with (4-5?) multiple separate packs. I used the side cover spacers to make mine about 1" wider so my cells could fit end to end 2 wide. I made 3 separate 8s15p modules that made 24s15p.

Tom

Thanks alot for your helpful answer! I appreciate :) Did you use spacers or just hot glue? The picture I posted is from the newer frame model. FYI there is actually two identical frames being sold with that appearance. The newer is bigger from all sides and can fit 155mm hub motors. You are sure you had also this bigger one?

Back