BMS problem

yachtbau

1 µW
Hi BMS problems too :?:

Has anyone had experience with these BMS cards? They are available from ebay or amazon for about $15, yet have manufacture errors in alignment of the chip sets. If the uploaded images come through, I've highlighted a 1 mm chip that is 1 mm out of alignment in the exact same spot across all 4 cards. The engineer who built the battery recons it doesn't make a difference. But the battery pack doesn't discharge properly.
IMG_20171216_201756 (1).jpg
What are your thoughts? Defect or not defective?
Its column B11+ (see the brand name text. Go 3 down 3 across and theres the tiny offset chip)
BMSfail.jpeg

I hope this helps others who might have purchased these very messy BMS cards.

Has anyone had experience with these BMS cards? They are available from ebay or amazon for about $15, yet have manufacture errors in alignment of the chip sets. If the uploaded images come through, I've highlighted a 1 mm chip that is 1 mm out of alignment in the exact same spot across all 4 cards.
IMG_20171216_201756 (1).jpg
The engineer who built the battery recons it doesn't make a difference. But the battery pack doesn't discharge properly.
BMSfail.jpeg
What are your thoughts? Defect or not defective?
How would the error show up? I first ID it using a volt meter. Only one cell column ever discharged and completely discharged, beyond recovery.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
For more info; the web address of gzlspcb is http://www.gzlspcb.com/col.jsp?id=103
#GZLS PCB The company is Foshan Li-Powered Electronic Technology Co., Ltd

It could be a manufacturing mistake or it could be intentional.
Is the corresponding resistor on the other channels the same value? Are the traces going to the same corresponding parts?

One test would be to take a non-working board and move the resistor over to what looks like the right position and see if that fixes the problem.

Back