SuperCapacitor

ltosolini

100 mW
Experts,
on my e-scooter I have connected a cell-checker on every battery which give me real-time voltage reading. At times during acceleration, but also deceleration, they give very low reading, kind of unrealistic such as 2.6V, but only for one sample and then go back to normal.
I suspect this to happen when the cell-checker is sampling at exact the same time that the motor controller is doing a duty cycle.
So I bought a supercapacitor 100VDC 22mF with the intent of connecting it in parallel on the main leads of the battery to smooth these short deep in Voltage and make it smoother.
Do you think it is a good idea?
There is one immediate drawback with this capacitor: I measured that when fully loaded at 60Vdc it still draws 1mA which will considerably worsen the self discharge of the scooter :-(
Is it worth it?
Thanks,
Luca.

Today I put my idea to a test connecting the super-capacitor in parallel to the battery main leads: it didn't make any difference.
So the problem is that when I ride, especially during acceleration or deceleration, the individual voltmeters that I have on every cell randomly show abnormally low voltage for one sample to go back to normal reading then.
This is most annoying because I configured a loud buzz when the reading is below threshold, and so I keep hearing these random noise from time to time.

Do you have any idea what is the reason for these random too low voltage reading on the cells.
I also tried to connect an oscilloscope to the main battery leads but could not spot any sensible voltage fluctuations.
Thanks,
Luca.

Back