ES Investors Club

"China and the role of spherical graphite in EV batteries":
http://www.indmin.com/Article/3319620/China-and-the-role-of-spherical-graphite-in-EV-batteries.html

"The pending battery economy is coming."
:mrgreen:

Been some months since MSI (Motorola Solutions, Inc.) has been an analysts "strong buy":
Motorola.jpg

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2088533-uqm-technologies-many-clues-that-an-inflection-point-is-upon-us

:mrgreen:

I noticed this rare earth minerals company in Australia called "Lynas" has been power thumped lately, possibly due to speculation it might do a capital raising. Interestingly it went up 25% today. Could be just a short squeeze or it could be its got some buy out speculation or something.
https://www.google.com/finance?q=ASX%3ALYC

I noticed this article on Anand/Dailytech about rare earth metals being brought up in the WTO because of claims China is manipulating the price could of caused the stock to get some attention.
http://www.dailytech.com/World+Trade+Org+to+China+on+Rare+Earth+Metals+Stop+Breaking+the+Law/article34597.htm
The funny thing about Lynas is that it pumps 11 thousand tons of rare earths a year but still fails to make any money, that's commodities for you.

Maybe interesting article on Lynas on Wicked Pee (sp?):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynas

(Gotta go/walk out door NOW. Want to investigate L later though.)

LockH said:
Maybe interesting article on Lynas on Wicked Pee (sp?):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynas

(Gotta go/walk out door NOW. Want to investigate L later though.)
Yeah the information there is a bit dated, they are up and running, pumping out rare earths oxide (REO) http://www.lynascorp.com/Announcements/2014/Media%20Release%20270314%201315597.pdf

Lynas investors pause from crying in their beers:

Not entirely EV related, but I've been watching Flux Power (ticker FLUX) a US battery company. It looks like they are the first to market with lithium packs for the industrial equipment industry (IE Forklifts). Seems like a no-brainer for lead acid replacements and they should be able to sell a few thousand packs/year no problem. Its still quite affordable at <$1/share, so far so good over the past 90 days.

Oh, Good Stuff Sir.

Wish to add though, when I was forklift-rolling (operating same in the Sears warehouse in Halifax NS) the weight of the batts in the back of the long body of the FL were touted as "counterbalance weight" to assist in lifting/moving any/all heavy stuff.

I would think to get approval from Toyota they would have to at least match the weight for counterbalance purposes.

From what I've seen, the lift equipment runs at really high currents. Lead Acid performs terrible at high currents compared to lithium so they should have a big advantage there too. Just think of how slow those lead sleds are when you floor it compared to a lithium pack.

Its executive board looks like it has the founders from Aptera and Kleenspeed on it so I'd expect disruptive technology from them.

Flux Power Advanced Lithium Battery Packs Approved for Use in Toyota and Raymond Forklifts

VISTA, Calif., Feb 11, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Flux Power(R) Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:FLUX), an innovator in advanced lithium energy storage systems, has received approval to sell its 24 Volt LiFT Pack lithium battery solution for Class III Toyota and Raymond "walkie" lift trucks (forklifts). Toyota is the world's number one selling lift truck manufacturer(1), selling under both the Toyota and Raymond brands in the U.S.

Following an extensive testing process, the Flux LiFT-24V battery pack was approved for use in Toyota and Raymond Class III lift trucks, both new trucks and as a replacement option for existing trucks. The Industrial Truck Association (ITA) defines Class III "walkies" as electric-motored lift trucks operated by an individual walking behind the vehicle.

Toyota and Raymond are both part of Toyota Material Handling Group North America but operate as separate brands with distinct product lines and distribution channels. This approval enables Flux Power to sell into the vast Toyota and Raymond dealership network across the U.S. Toyota has more than 220 industrial equipment dealerships nationwide, while Raymond's network includes more than 100 locations.

Compared to most lead-acid batteries used in forklifts, Flux LiFT Packs deliver longer run times, superior performance and longer life cycles, require no regular maintenance and provide lower total cost of ownership over the battery's lifetime.

Flux Power CEO, Ron Dutt, commented, "Toyota and Raymond are leaders in researching and commercializing new technologies to improve power and performance in the electric lift truck market. This approval represents a significant step for Flux in achieving industry acceptance and expanding awareness for a battery pack that will benefit customers through lower operational costs and improved fleet efficiencies."

Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc. (TMHU) (www.toyotaforklift.com)

Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A. based in Columbus, Ind., offers a full line of high-quality lift trucks sold under the Toyota brand and has been the number one selling lift truck manufacturer in the U.S. since 2002. There are more than 70 authorized Toyota Industrial Equipment dealers and more than 220 dealership locations throughout North America. Toyota dealers offer comprehensive customer service and support, including one-stop shopping for both new and used lift trucks, rentals, parts and service, fleet servicing and financing.

The Raymond Corporation (www.raymondcorp.com)

The Raymond Corporation is a global provider of material handling solutions that improve space utilization and productivity, with lower cost of operation and greater operator acceptance. High-performance, reliable, ergonomically designed Raymond lift trucks range from a full line of manual and electric pallet trucks and walkie stackers to counterbalanced trucks, reach trucks, orderpickers and turret trucks.

Flux Power Holdings (www.fluxpwr.com)

Flux Power designs, develops, and markets advanced energy storage systems ("batteries") offering improved performance, extended cycle life and greater return on investment. Flux sells direct and through a growing base of distribution relationships. Products include batteries, packaged modules, advanced energy storage systems and components such as stand-alone battery management, stackable chargers, programming software and display systems.

Amusing news here maybe:
http://www.mining.com/zinc/

(Stumbled across re NiZn batts - watt others aboard Alt. Planet ES don't seen at all interested in talking about at all in current terms. Perhaps just a Canadien thingee eh?)

http://www.canadianminingjournal.com/press-releases/story.aspx?id=1003045128&er=NA
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 5, 2014) - EPM Mining Ventures Inc. ("EPM" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:EPK) (OTCQX:EPKMF) is pleased to announce that the Utah State Engineer has approved all water rights applications for its Sevier Lake Playa Sulphate of Potash ("SOP") Project located in southwestern Utah (the "Project"). In total, five applications were granted in full as the Company had requested.

The five water rights applications approved by the Utah State Engineer grant sufficient brine as well as fresh water for the Sevier Playa Project to operate at its projected production capacity of 300,000 metric tonnes of SOP per year. The State Engineer considered the filings as "distinct and separate" from other water rights applications in the subject area and imposed no restrictions beyond those presented by the Company in its applications.

(EPM is an exploration-stage company focused on specialty fertilizers. Through Peak Minerals Inc., its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, EPM controls directly or through agreement mineral leases on more than 124,000 acres on its Sevier Lake Playa property in Millard County, Utah. With a brine resource known to contain potassium, magnesium, sulphate, lithium, and a suite of other beneficial minerals, EPM is targeting the development and production of specialty fertilizers, including SOP, through the use of a cost-effective solar evaporation process. SOP and other specialty fertilizers are used in the production of high value, chloride-sensitive crops such as fruits, vegetables, and ebiking nuts, some watt very much appreciate lithium-potash brine.)
EPM.gif

Harte Gold Corp (T.HRT) maybe starting to show some new life:
Hart.gif

BTW, "ORE" mentioned in this thread back on December 31st last year:
ORE.gif

Seems to have had a share price fall off, but L/T trending upwards.

Recently read a report that China is secretly buying all the gold they can get. Rumor has it, that Gold can go up to $5000.00 /ounce in the near future.

HERE is the link.

Harold in CR said:
Recently read a report that China is secretly buying all the gold they can get. Rumor has it, that Gold can go up to $5000.00 /ounce in the near future.

HERE is the link.
Yeah the belief is that China is sick of USA treasury bonds (us debt) which they have long owned over a trillion dollars worth.
So while the fed reserve is printing money to buy them back so they don't collapse, China is selling them and instead buying gold and its also believed the Euro currency (which is why the Euro is always so expensive) and related bonds, the main goal of China is to diversify their wealth.

Worst thing China government could do is say "Hey everybody! we plan to buy 1 trillion dollars worth of gold over the next 10 years.." No one needs a high frequency trading computer to beat out that trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Treasury_security
http://www.treasury.gov/ticdata/Publish/mfh.txt

I would say that China doesn't really care about the short term price of gold their buying it for the many many decades long term investment, and a probably fine with the higher price they have to pay for buying a lot of it in the short term to get out of US treasury bonds.

Harold in CR said:

HERE is the link.

I don't know the current price at which gold becomes virtually limitless in its' availability, but I'm sure it's well below $5k.

Funny how some people STILL don't believe that they've been creating gold from mercury for more than 3/4th's of a century, (1932) that the fillings in their teeth as well as the crowns were not made from mined gold but from CONVERTED gold, etc. Sooner or later we'll hit that price where it no longer costs more to make gold from mercury than to buy 'Real' gold. Or maybe we've past it already. This would explain why the analysts keep saying 'Everyone is BUYING, NOONE is selling. . . .' i.e., nobody knows where all this gold is coming from. . . .

LockH said:
BTW, "ORE" mentioned in this thread back on December 31st last year:

Seems to have had a share price fall off, but L/T trending upwards.

Missed your post....yes, it's down 5%.

Apparently there was a slow down in the warehouse construction due to a local contractor....backed up the lithium production till August. The Borax mine they bought from Rio Tinto is back in production and more efficient. CEO has concerns about the Argentine government issuing permits to sell future mined lithium carbonate. LOTS of risk here...but , you got to love the story. (i may buy some more)

CEO May interview :
http://www.brrmedia.com/event/123296

2008 Forbes article on the competition(The Saudi Arabia of Lithium)... SQM in Chile. Presently this stock appears to be on the skids
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/1124/034.html

Those Refinery MLP's ended up with a good first quarter...ALDW CVRR NTI
Like my WHZ...even more if oil goes higher this summer(hedged to the upside up to $120)...I don't believe they use rail tankers to move product(I'll call investor relations and confirm)

Did buy some GILD(recommended by Oxford Club)

Fired my Broker

Sell'n diesel to the UK...gas to my neighbors and wait'n for my bike to arrive :roll:

It's going to be a hot summer here for me....if I can pull off a profitable summer....could be Quebec in October for croissants

Oh goody. "American Manganese Inc. Acquires Zeolite Property for Synergies with Phosphate". eg:http://tmx.quotemedia.com/article.php?newsid=67079515&qm_symbol=AMY

... back on April 15 last.

And in October, 2012:
The Artillery Peak district in Arizona hosts a world class deposit of Manganese, and American Manganese Inc. (AMY) has developed a patented extraction process that produces high purity products with one of the lowest operating costs in the world.
http://www.americanmanganeseinc.com/why-electrolytic-manganese-dioxide-emd-and-chemical-manganese-dioxide-cmd/

(So they said.)

Stocks hit prices not seen for a few years recently, but current prices still well off historical pace.

Chemical Manganese Dioxide (CMD) and/or Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD). Yeah baby.

how can you fire your broker? do you actually have a guy you call to ask which stock to buy and ask him to place the order? you do not use TA or market analysis of the stock price movements or intraday trading?

did you 'fire' your broker because he put you into a bad position and you feel it was his mistake? or did you decide the stock and price and when to buy and sell?

dnmun said:
how can you fire your broker? do you actually have a guy you call to ask which stock to buy and ask him to place the order? you do not use TA or market analysis of the stock price movements or intraday trading?

did you 'fire' your broker because he put you into a bad position and you feel it was his mistake? or did you decide the stock and price and when to buy and sell?

How do you fire your broker..."you move your money and positions and leave". We agreed to a rate of return at a level of risk. At the end of the year, he missed the goal we set. While I freely admit at the end of the day....it my fault that my goals were not met, but not because of a lack of due diligence in deciding what stock to buy or sell that were presented to me for my approval. Towards the end of the year, he began to direct me toward bad positions. I believe in an effort to 'churn" my account. More over I was not impressed with his efforts in working the account. I did better in my side account without his involvement.

I hope my comments didn't offed the members here. I made a prior comment and I hope you accept my my reply. Many of you contributing members have impressive background in the working world and I do not take your comments lightly.

This thread is about "EV Investments"....I went off topic by discussing MLP's, a Pharmaceutical and my broker. That being said....I have just one more off topic stock to discuss. Only because dnmun indicated that he understands the petroleum industry. This one keeps me up at night. (WHZ) I thinking of increasing my position here.

Whiting USA Trust II (WHZ) is a oil and gas producer set up as a royalty trust. They have set aside almost 12 million MMBOE of which 50% is hedged at $80 downside and $122 on the upside. At the end of 2014 no more hedges will be used.....keep in mind at the end of 2022 the trust goes to zero. It pays a great dividend but, it's like catching a "falling knife". I have gone over their recent 2013 financials...there is risk with transportation and production cost. Presently the dividend is 20%, with today's price of oil and where I expect it to be the the near future(out 5 years)...I was just wondering if any of my fellow members have a better grasp at this than I do.

LockH said:
(So they said.)

Stocks hit prices not seen for a few years recently, but current prices still well off historical pace.

Yeah baby.

Didn't research what you are suggesting, but please don't invest more than pocket money. Saying the stock has been shooting up, but isn't anywhere near where the price used to be (when it was a much better off company most of the times) is often a sign it's hype/wishful thinking.
IMO if you want to invest in tiny high tech/risk stocks, read those boring SEC filings, research the technology thoroughly (and how competition is gonna crush them with better technology and more funds - forget financial sites, maybe eetimes and the like is a start, interesting to hear what engineers have to say apart from the hype) and what management is like (very important, if many trustworthy(!) high profile guys with a scientific background from a certain field want to get in a small company, maybe you're onto sth.).

Forget emotions completely - you have to be a cold machine, not clinging to your favourite stocks while they are crashing.

JM .02$

P.S.: If you want a money printing machine get sufficient funds to be able to short sell hyped uped OTC-BB- and pink-sheets-stocks (I can't, "ask the crappiest local fast food shop to deliver a decent five course meal" and the market will crush you :oops: )

Hehe... As noted near top of first page of this thread "Never "bet" more than one might afford to lose."

There was a guy who you could describe as a german Warren Buffett, not as wealthy, but when he said sth. about stocks everyone interested listened. One thing he said was (if memory serves me right): You have to be bankrupt from trading two times, only after that you are a real "Börsianer" (stock market guy). Meaning most people have to learn the hard way to get rid of their ego if they want to achieve long term gains in the stock market.
So true, hopefully I'm done with that (Dotcom crash (main loss from asking my online broker for something he couldn't do, stuck for four months while everything is crashing) and second time with pocket money derivatives), if I come across anything interesting i'm happy to post it, am both interested in tech and dividend stocks.

Anyway, if you critcize this system: Me too, basically we exploit the people who are turning their company into a success which results in a higher stock price, but what if we don't do, and only those, who anyways got much more than they need? I'll take any gains out of the system and buy ebike parts :mrgreen:

Metal-Air betteries in ES News again:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408&p=903127#p903127

Back