Wilderness Energy???

joystix2

100 W
Did they become just a wholesale business internet store? You have to register now just to see their bargains corner..

Whats up with that????

Ric

Except that they have redesigned their site and their Bargain Corner is empty (Discontinued?) they still send you to their on-line dealer site, werelectrified, if you wish to buy anything retail. The only part I don't like is the large increase in prices since last fall, when they were selling BD36 kit's on sale for $299, regular price $349, and now they are $449. Does anyone know why they reduced their controller to 20 amps? Is that for legal purposes? The kits I purchased last fall were advertised as 35 amps, and on a test were delivering 35 amps during acceleration.

http://www.werelectrified.com/index.php?cPath=2

They're advertising a 50-amp controller with their most expensive kit, so it appears the decrease to 20 amps on their midrange kit has nothing to do with legal concerns.

http://www.werelectrified.com/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=1&osCsid=f420cf2c35b1997d445d9024379df54b
"36 Volts, 600 watts w/heavy-duty 50 amp controller unit, lighted thumb throttle, 36V 2 amp Soneil smart charger, 36 volt extended range battery pack (12 amp/hr batteries X 3)"

Don't you just love vendor math on ebike product's advertised wattage?

I actually just put together a WE kit for my sister in chicago. They say the new kits are improved. From what I could see, they are about the same but the charger is soneil. Hey Ric! is that charger that came with your kit. Is it soneil also? It might explain some of the price increase. The "new and improved" WE BD36 is a fine kit (I don't like the wiring-- i prefer to do my own wiring) but the brushed motor is a little less torquey than my 56v gohub.

I was going to get the gohub for my sister but they were out of stock. Danny at largo did charge me the old price of $400. It's really a decent kit for $400.

Rassy said:
Right, I suppose with three motors, batteries charged to about 40 volts, and 35 Amps to each motor would be about 3900 Watts. But if I just claim they are 250 Watt motors I must be legal, right?

Sounds right to me -- the prodigious spin is necessary to further a necessary cause, after all.

I remember a thread someplace where a guy got a WE BD36 for himself and a WE BL36 for his wife. He wrote that he wished he had gone for two of the BD36's because it had better acceleration. Now, by lowering the amps of their BD36 controller and upping the amps of their BL36 controller the more expensive kit should be the best performer. Makes sense (cents?) to me.

Back