New? Dorel (Schwinn?) ebike for Europe

Lock

100 MW
From the transcript of Dorels First Quarter conference call May 18, 2011:
http://www.dorel.com/press/2011/DII_CC_Q1_11_May18_11_Transcript.pdf
OPERATOR: Your next question comes from Anthony Zicha with Scotia Capital. Please go ahead.
ANTHONY ZICHA: Hi, good afternoon. Jeffrey, could you give us an idea following Jessy’s question, order of magnitude of the price increases, and which categories experience the largest increases?
JEFFREY SCHWARTZ: No. We don’t comment on specific, we — what price increases we put in and because I can’t comment on that’s competitive information.
ANTHONY ZICHA: Okay. Can you give us an idea with reference to the organic growth in the Recreational division, you know, at 10 percent growth. Can you give us an idea? Was it more volume, was it price?
JEFFREY SCHWARTZ: I would think, it’s volume. Yes, I would think it’s definitely volume. Particularly on the IBD side.
MARTIN SCHWARTZ: But you know, to some extend, our higher price Cannondale bike are selling lot better this year than last year.
ANTHONY ZICHA: And those, Martin, would be the bikes that are above $2,000 or — what would be the?
JEFFREY SCHWARTZ: It’s funny, the mass market, it’s tough out there, but the — I mean, if we have any luxury goods in Dorel Industry, I think it would be the IBD bike brand. And those seem to be performing quite well. So, you know, it’s interesting comment on the general economy.
ANTHONY ZICHA: Okay. And are they any challenges with the eBike, can you give us an idea on the progress?
JEFFREY SCHWARTZ: I believe we’re introducing the eBike in Europe in this quarter. So, I don’t know if they hit to store yet, but it’s imminent. And again it’s only in Europe, this is small scale, but you know it’s — I believe it’s this quarter. It could be off by a month or two, it’s imminent

I find this a bit mysterious... Dorel's cycling brands include Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse, and Sugoi. ES folks know about the Schwinn Tailwind w/Toshiba SCiB LTO fast-charging battery... Not sure watts up w/that these daze. Looks like it has has morphed into the (much cheaper) Schwinn Searcher e8 ebike "...with Tailwind battery." eg here:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1107380_-1_20000__1607509

So watt this new "EU-only eBike" is I have no idea...

Lock

Back