Tesla battery swap a game changer

USAEBIKECO

10 kW
Battery swapping we already do with ebikes, now Tesla is introducing battery swapping with their electric cars. This will increase sales and lower "range anxiety" during long trips. Outstanding !

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-57590751/tesla-to-swap-batteries-in-about-90-seconds/

Ecars_SS14_800_620x414.jpg

ModelS_pack01.jpg

Yes, this is a game changer. Saw the vids of the swap, the ones where Tesla swaps out batteries for two cars in the time it takes an automobile to fill up their tank at the gas station. So the batteries and their charge are part of the purchase price. Sometime, I'm going to calculate out the projected total 20 year price of ownership (20yrTCO) taking into account reasonable increases in fuel pricing and see if the high initial price tag of a Tesla is lower than the 20yrTCO of a conventional ICE. Its the solar charging stations being built out right now that is a real wow. As Tesla motors said in their vid, get a free charge OR pay for a fast swap. Got the half hour - do the charge. In a hurry - do the swap. Amazing. FYI Tesla is one of the fastest to profitability new ventures in the world right now. Still, I would not trade in my solar ebike.

swapping is nothing new- a company in israel has been doing it for a while
i wish i had 80K though
beautiful car - and the 400Km range is more than enough for city driving/commutes

davec said:
swapping is nothing new- a company in israel has been doing it for a while
i wish i had 80K though
beautiful car - and the 400Km range is more than enough for city driving/commutes
That company went bankrupt I believe. Doing a ground-up pure electric vehicle with Tesla's competency, styling and audacity, bundled with free electricity for life via solar charging stations, spaced so you're always in range, with easy swap batteries when in a hurry - all that, the complete bundle - and doing it profitably and sustainably, is a game changing enterprise. There is no one else that yet comes close, but I expect others will enter the fray for market share.

Tesla is doing everything right. The only headwind they have is a crappy economy which prevents more people from buying a Model S.

lester12483 said:
Tesla is doing everything right. The only headwind they have is a crappy economy which prevents more people from buying a Model S.
Yep. Wish I could have one. Haven't wanted a car so bad since the 80s

Back