Ride Scoozy Electric Bike Launches On Kickstarter (video)

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/ride-scoozy-electric-bike-launches-on-kickstarter-video-15-05-2014/

That's funny, freeze frame on some of this mechanical engineers previous attempts, brilliant!

Hehe... Truth is, I haven't watched the vid myself. But was interested in other thoughts from EN (denisons of the Ebiker Nation).

So, thanks!

So he made an infomercial for an ebike kit? Looks like he just installs Golden Motor Magic Pie III kits with a bottle battery and a ride scoozy sticker. Am I missing something?

Exactly what I thought, he tried to make one, or several, then found an over the counter kit that was better than his creations so he made a sticker!

Maybe he'll make a miraculous final stretch in 9 days :roll:

backers

$2,550
pledged of $45,000 goal

days to go

Sad but its obviosly that people want car like acceleration on there bicycles :D
Will he use the new sinewave FOC integrated controller in this MP3 kits ? If not than its maybe this the reason he gets no money in ?

zener said:
Sad but its obviosly that people want car like acceleration on there bicycles :D
Will he use the new sinewave FOC integrated controller in this MP3 kits ? If not than its maybe this the reason he gets no money in ?

Generally speaking, it seems like there's a golden number somewhere between $1 and $1.50 per watt, above which it becomes increasingly hard to make sales. He's kind of in a tough position because he's not really going to be able to appeal to all that many people with the prices he was talking about ($1250 for a 500W MPIII kit). Namely, people on places like Endless-Sphere and other enthusiast communities are going to be hard-pressed not to laugh at the idea of a whole 500W of power! being something to get excited about; besides, people like us are more likely to just get the Magic Pie kit straight from the dealer, install it ourselves on an old beater frame that we already have, and then spend money over time making incremental upgrades rather than paying for everything (including American labor costs) in one shot.

Now, the sort of people who are going to be impressed by a whole 500W of power are also the sort of people who most likely see themselves as bikers first and EV users third or fourth, and are probably going to be unsure about giving up the rear gears in exchange for a motor technology that they don't entirely understand and as a result are going to need to be extensively persuaded before they'll be willing to trust it in that role. Finally, the sort of people I see riding unpowered single-speeds and fixies are more likely to be either the sort of cycling purists that run around in some combination of Lycra and hipster jeans (and are already being catered to by stupidly expensive art pieces like the $3500 250W Faraday Porteur or too broke to afford a decent multispeed gearing system (and thus too broke for a decent ebike).

Funding Unsuccessful
This project's funding goal was not reached on June 12, 2014.

[sigh]

Still kicking the can though. Reports Turbo Bob on his Bicycle Blog:
https://turbobobbicycleblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/ride-scoozy-350-an-e-bike-that-makes-sense/

"An E-bike That Makes Sense" :|

271-ride-scoozy-w-water.jpg

Back