Paradigm Systems: The Gateway to the Electric Revolution..

Paradigm

10 W
Welcome to Paradigm Systems on Endless-Sphere. We are a small startup with big ideas and a drive to bring cutting edge technology and features to the light electric vehicle market. Our goal is to provide a central control system for all of our components, select mated high end components, and universal compatibility with an easy to install and configure design. The plans are all on the table and necessary relationships with vendors have already been established, its coming down to finance and potential customer support/interest in seeing the products come to be. I will use this thread to get a view of this communities interest in the project and post updates on new designs and progress.

The system will be modular and revolve around the central brain. The core systems will be the brain, a battery pack (120Vdc with variable output), a charging system, a lighting and accessory hub, a motor controller, and interface controls. We intend on making many different modules to allow customers to implement features previously only offered by high end manufacturers and, until now, have remained only in our imaginations. Modules to include auto-shifting, auto shock adjustment, localized mapping, energy harvesting from heat sources, solid state cooling systems, solar and micro wind/water charging, computerized breaking (for front and rear distribution, ABS, and regen), support for up to four motor controller with configurable AWD, dual hand guard touch displays, HUD Google Glass support, intuitive hand and foot throttles, a self stabilizing gyro unit, propane powered range extender, and we will remain dedicated to developing new add-on as time goes on. Our system is designed around a main power distribution layout with wireless sensor and components communication; with optional hubs and wiring harnesses for 3rd party component integration. The brain will not come with a display and can be mounted anywhere, either a smart phone/tablet or one of our display options can be implemented if you choose to have one at all. We have put a lot of time and effort into designing this system and making it as expandable and upgradable as possible. That being said we are open to suggestions and welcome input of prospective customers. We already received a request for a wheelie mode and we are currently studying the feasibility of safely developing such a feature. No matter how crazy it sounds I want to hear your ideas, they probably wont be more outlandish than mine. Yes..that was a challenge.

Check out our facebook page for more info:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paradigm-Electric-Vehicles/228765340647332?ref=hl

Attachments

• mad_science_institute_logo.jpg
    mad_science_institute_logo.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 4,899
From what I heard from you this will be amazing. I will not go into any details and spoil the fun for you.
I look forward to see more from you and your company in the coming months.

Best of luck and I hope the community will stand behind you all the way and back your startup.

Thanks for the encouragement macribs. I, along with a small team of contributors, have expended a vast amount of time and resources designing a new approach to building light electric vehicles allowing anyone to make their imagination a reality. A modular (and affordable) system to build 1,2,3, or 4 wheel vehicles either as an easy to assemble kit using all our parts or an original creation using any combination of any components you desire. The heart of our system is a central easy to configure brain that unifies every electric component, sensor, and power distribution of the vehicle you want build. Think LEGOs of the L.E.V. world with compatibility with any other building block you want to use. I envision an affordable system comprised of the latest technology and so easy to work with that unique electric bikes and similar vehicles will be in every household across the globe. Maybe that last statement is a little ambitious but my vision for a safe environmentally friendly transport should be a global agenda no matter who provides the resources to make it happen.

lester12483: We actually started this thread a little prematurely at the request of other users. We don't have anything we can release for visual aids at the moment, your gonna have to use your imagination. We are working on the prototyping platform that will be used to develop, test, and demonstrate some of our designs. There is a thread for that build. There will be more to actually see in this thread in September. For now its purpose is for exposure to people interested in what i will be offering and to gather feedback and suggestions from a community that will likely be our customers.

With this wheelie support, just how much power would you need to actually pop a wheelie with a hub motored ebike?

I would think that you would need like 10K watts to do this, especially if pushing a 26" or larger wheel.

Such a great idea, I'm not sure what keeps people from coming to market. Nothing groundbreaking about the other proposed vehicles, other than being the first to market. When will we see one?

http://www.osvehicle.com/

http://www.pius-kitcar.com/

http://www.trexa.com/

http://www.gizmag.com/krysztopik-ez-ev-open-source-diy-electric-car-kit/25891/

Offroader said:
With this wheelie support, just how much power would you need to actually pop a wheelie with a hub motored ebike?

I would think that you would need like 10K watts to do this, especially if pushing a 26" or larger wheel.

The idea of a 'Wheelie mode/function" was a request from a potential customer and it is something I am taking into consideration. One of the components I have been working on was a self balancing wheel for bicycle or unicycle applications. If a wheelie function ever comes to be under my product line it would have a set of requirements for components/power ratings/and bike design. I would only offer such a feature after a lot of testing to verify it would function safely.

Dauntless said:
Such a great idea, I'm not sure what keeps people from coming to market. Nothing groundbreaking about the other proposed vehicles, other than being the first to market. When will we see one?

http://www.osvehicle.com/

http://www.pius-kitcar.com/

http://www.trexa.com/

http://www.gizmag.com/krysztopik-ez-ev-open-source-diy-electric-car-kit/25891/

We have been in the design phase for about a year and have established a lot of logistics already. Once funding is secured it will be about a year before the first full product line is released. We will not be selling completed bikes other than one-off very pricy prototypes, the sale of these vehicles will go straight back into R&D of new products. We have high hopes that we can get funding to start development by October but that all hinges on community awareness and support. What keeps people from taking their ideas and designs to market is almost always money and drive. The logistics involved in producing new products, especially complex ones, can be an absolute nightmare. Its like walking a tight rope, there isn't much room to take a wrong step.

What I can promise is that I will see this line of products to market or die trying. I am all in at this point, I will most likely come across many obstacles in this journey and if I see a road block I will not hesitate to get some dynamite. I have gotten to the point I am at now solo and I am open to taking on partners and more than willing to accept assistance from ambitious individuals with proven skill sets that will accelerate development, smooth out production logistics, and provide structure to business marketing and sales.

Paradigm said:
What I can promise is that I will see this line of products to market or die trying.

AmericaFuckYeah.jpg

That was partially a personal private joke... I have been fighting cancer for awhile now and it related to that. It is honestly my mind set though. I have a little girl and part of my reasoning for putting everything I had into this project was to have a perpetuating income to care for her in case the treatment I am undergoing dose not work. Rest assured if something were to happen to me I have setup people to take over where I left off led by my mother. My mom is a woman of many talents including industrial automation and electrical engineering. She dose not have the same passion of EV's that I do but is more than capable of taking the helm to lead the group I have that do have that passion.

But you gotta have fun with it. We're all fighting cancer, some just never know it. I grew up with my Father saying that was what was causing some problems he had but they couldn't find it --- at first. I was in 8th grade when he finally had surgery.

But he worked another 6 years because he WANTED to. He saved the Minuteman missle program which was shutting down when they put him in charge. It outlived him, which was what he wanted.

There's no point in saying 'I have my reasons..' Far better to say 'I gotta, I just GOTTA.'

rocket-launch.gif

Sounds VERY optimistic. If it is all true, then you will revolutionize ebiking. But I have a hard time seeing this occurring. It's going to take quite some work to do all you claim.

Paradigm said:
Welcome to Paradigm Systems on Endless-Sphere...............................Check out our facebook page for more info:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paradigm-Electric-Vehicles/228765340647332?ref=hl

So you join ES as a member in march, then start a face book page in march, link our site to your FB page, and the first sentence on your linked post is

"Welcome to Paradigm Systems on Endless-Sphere"

Nice. :lol:

All of the answers are already here. Settle in and do some reading!

Cheers,

Len

cal3thousand said:
Sounds VERY optimistic. If it is all true, then you will revolutionize ebiking. But I have a hard time seeing this occurring. It's going to take quite some work to do all you claim.

I value most any opinion and take constructive criticism well but I ask that people not post pessimistic and discouraging comments on this thread. If you want to make a thread to put me down and discourage my success feel free.

Lenk42602 said:
Paradigm said:
Welcome to Paradigm Systems on Endless-Sphere...............................Check out our facebook page for more info:

So you join ES as a member in march, then start a face book page in march, link our site to your FB page, and the first sentence on your linked post is

Cheers,

Len

I'm not quite sure I understand your complaint?

I may very well end up revolutionizing the ebike industry with my products though my initial target customer base is the general light electric vehicle market. Ebikes are kind of my proving ground, I intend on moving towards the personal and commercial EV and hybrid automotive & boating markets as well. I do hope that my system will simplify and provide the reliability needed to make L.E.V.'s accessible enough that they can become common place in every household. I think a big problem in the ebike industry is that prebuilt vehicles are either overpriced underpowered and use poor quality components OR they are unbelievably overpriced & underpowered. Even with kits you run across very poor quality parts with painful prices. My system will be broken into two lines: Paradigm (standard) & Paragon (performance). The Paradigm Core (or brain unit) has a target price of $200-300 which is almost a subsidized price so that anyone can afford to easily build a safe reliable LEV how ever they want. The Paragon line of products will not come cheap but you will still get a lot of bang for your buck.

Dauntless: I do my best to not let my health affect me in a negative manner. It essentially promoted me into a career I have dreamed of since I was a young child. I now carry the job title of Mad Scientist and have the credentials to back it up. I have many invention designs the LEV market is just the beginning. I definitely have more fun with it than my loved ones. The treatment I have been undergoing was having little success until they cranked it up to Heroic Measures at which point the battle turned in my favor, at what cost is yet to be determined.

Does anyone have an opinion of including an 300w (150x2) amplifier in the 'brain' of this system for support of horn and or radio/mp3 player?

Paradigm said:
Lenk42602 said:

Cheers,

Len

I'm not quite sure I understand your complaint?

I don't think he's complaining, he's trying to point out you should be SEEKING welcome, not offering it. And that if you make the search work (It's not the most reliable) you might find any info you need already posted. If you need help adapting it to your use, people LOVE to write about it around here. Not a half bad collection of amateur engineers, a few are even professionals.

Paradigm said:
Does anyone have an opinion of including an 300w (150x2) amplifier in the 'brain' of this system for support of horn and or radio/mp3 player?

I think I have another drone shot to cover that one. Basically there's always SOMEONE who will enjoy the spectacle, especially when they get to create it. This would be a good time for that sound system to play the theme from 'Top Gun.'

fireqorks.gif

(Man, if I didn't already have an avatar that is so totally ME. . . .)

Dauntless: When I query this thread for community feedback for interest in a new product or product feature it is to try to get empirical data and analyze the enthusiasm of the topic. One person speaking for the community doesn't help me unless you ran a pole and are posting the results. Would a built in high quality (155wx2 @2Ω or 300wx1 @1Ω) audio amplifier interest you personally? Is that little note at the bottom of your post in reference to my avatar?

My next community inquiry is for something that I have wanted but cant find is an ebike IPS crank where there is a power input chainwheel on the left and three output chain wheels to select between on the right, keeping the freewheeling peddles isolated from the system. I'm thinking something beefed up to handle 10-20Kw.

Exactly like what is shown in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B35qqQ_uHQk&list=UUvPtqfSnlRnktJ4Ue6kf-xA

I had a really fun day breathing new life into a 2003 Civic Hybrid NiMH power cell.

Dontcha think you should build an ebike or two first, get to know the body of information on the forum board, how to utilize it, and its purpose?

There are nearly 900,000 posts on this board; a very small percentage comprise data farming for a future business enterprise.

That's not what this forum is about.

Its also why you have not been flooded with "community feedback for interest in a new product or product feature to try to get empirical data and analyze the enthusiasm of the topic"....

Output first, then input. Not Input/Output.

Len

Take my behavior as you will. My contribution will grow and I agree this is a great resource of knowledge. I am at the moment trying to establish myself for some future endeavors, it will pass. My interest in public opinion of my verses completing a task or benchmark to a project pales in comparison. I am not your average character, and my mind operates far different than any one I've ever met. I have credentials for the 'Mad" and the 'Scientist' aspects of my job title with a list of skill sets, experience, and records as wide as it is long. I have always crammed as much experience into the time that I have and my efforts doubled when I found out I had health issues. Again, I totally respect opinions but we all have our own perspective and mine is hard to control. That avatar picture I have is me...I'll start cycling through some so people get a better visual of who I am.

Back