Practical Cycle bike store in Sacramento

Alan B

100 GW
I made my first visit to the Practical Cycle store today in Sacramento. I discovered them a few days ago when I was looking for reviews on the JuicedRiders ODK Cargo Bike and found some of their video reviews, blog and website. As their name implies they don't cater to the usual bicycle shop customer, as they have zero road bikes and no spandex. They specialize in practical bicycles including electric, cargo, commuter and similar bikes. They had Pedego, ExraCycle, Yuba, JuicedRiders and others. They have test rides, rentals, and seem very knowledgeable and serious about these bikes. It is good to see a place like this in business, and I wish them well.

The JuicedRiders ODK is an interesting midsize cargo bike. The upgraded V3 has front and rear hydraulic disc, 48V 22AH lithum battery, throttle controlled 12 FET controller with pushbutton cruise control, front gearmotor, and 20" wheels with fenders. The cargo rack is very solid and the bike seems pretty lightweight for what it has onboard.

The Pedego with 4" tires was also quite interesting. Not sure what I'd use it for, but I'd like to have one.

I had a good discussion with Grant there and told him about this forum, perhaps he'll wander by at some point.

Hi Alan, I have also have been there a few times and had them put a suspension fork (Risse Racing) on my Pedigo trail tracker fat tire bike. They did a good job and I am glad they are nearby.I am going to be selling that bike soon if you or somebody you know is interested.

Back