Looking to start a small eBike and gadget online retialler

Pseudoabdul

100 µW
Hi Everyone,

I have been working in an electric bike shop for a few months now. I'm being moved on unfortunately but I have my own online retailer in the works. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to sell yet but I thought I would give it a try. The website is already up and running but has no products. Store is based in Australia. Apart from selling kits I want to sell general cycling gadgetry, not exclusive to eBikes. Some items I have in mind are:

Fontus: the little bottle that takes water out of the air as you ride.
Various after market electric bike interfaces eg. Cycle analyst.
Hopefully some mid drive kits like the lightning bolt, Stoker monkey (I think that is what it is called)
Electric Unicycles. I have a whole bunch of suppliers in china I can get things like this off.
As new battery

I'm an R&D guy so here are some ideas I've got in the works.

1. A similar to a cycle analyst, sits between you motor and controller and measures voltage and current. Uses integral control to calculate the total amount of energy used. Could be useful in finding out how far you have left, but sure its been done.

2. Solar trailer: Here in Western Australia we have heaps of sunshine. I have some basic designs for a long trailer of solar panels to power it indefinitely in the sunshine. This one I want to do the most

3. Airless tires. Following suit on the airless tires being developed by lots of tire manufactures for cars but for bikes. My goal is to find a plastic material and arrange it in the some lattice to give it the same Young's modulus of a regular tire.

4. A good way of converting drop bar bikes to electric. This issue is in the throttle. I've got a prototype of a little box with a few speed settings on it that cuts out when you brake. Should work fine. Might mass produce these from China or something

5. Long term project but I have access to all manner of 3D printers including some ones that do high strength metal. I wanted to come up with a "lego bike" basically a series of tubes and connectors that allows you to build your own bike from scratch.

I know i'm being ambitions, tell me if you like any of the ideas.

Back