Tesla to buy Solar City? Wow!

I doubt Solar City could be in better hands than Elon.

I find it humorous that a number of world governments have large groups of people and funding assigned towards the purpose of getting sane transport/energy solutions in use, and the summation of all the combined efforts is a drop in the pond compared to what a single man with some passion and vision has accomplished already in his life.

ATB,
-Luke

lester12483 said:
Agreed.

Imagine if Musk was in charge of NASA and given a $20 billion dollar budget. We would be in Mars so fast.

Are you forgetting how many rockets SpaceX blew up getting to their modest level of technical success? Including, in some cases, other people's expensive payloads.

Zuck is not a visionary. He did a half-assed and totally unscrupulous implementation of something was already happening with or without him. If MySpace hadn't been as dumb, mercenary, and backwards as it was, Facebook would be out in the weeds somewhere or else bought up by another player. As it is, it looks like the social networking market settled for second worst.

Musk may not be a good guy, or technically capable of doing anything at all without hiring smarter people to do it for him, but he does have vision. I'll grant him that.

Back