EV Sales Report & Scorecard

ChargePoint

100 mW
The InsideEV's sales scorecard is out! They recently changed to a quarterly update and just finished updating the report this week.

According to InsideEV's, July marked the 34th month of consecutive year-over-year monthly sales gains for plug-in vehicles.

They estimated a total of 29,514 plug-in electric vehicles were sold in July, and based on automakers’ sales reports and InsideEV's estimates, 153,666 plug-in cars have been delivered through the end of July 2018.

Check out the full report and see the chart snapshot (pictured below), in its entirety, here: http://bit.ly/EVSalesCard and you can read the summary by InsideEV's here: https://insideevs.com/u-s-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-surge-in-july/

whi4pu.png

2ymeuja.png

So. Just ignore the millions and millions on plug-in electric vehicles already out there? The many thousands sold EVery month? Doesn't seem odd to you?

I'm sure InsideEV's would welcome your feedback, they do seem to take feedback from their community regarding their report. You should let them know what it is you feel is missing. :)

Hehe... Germans bought 720,000 electric bikes in 2017... an average of over fifty-eight thousand each month. I'm sure Tesla is crowing about their 14+ thousand sold in July this year, but it's really "small potatoes", unit-wise. :wink:

Might take a page from the Ebike Riders Joke Book...

38872957_1986441881407759_2035780391968702464_n.jpg

:wink:

LockH said:
Hehe... Germans bought 720,000 electric bikes in 2017... an average of over fifty-eight thousand each month. I'm sure Tesla is crowing about their 14+ thousand sold in July this year, but it's really "small potatoes", unit-wise. :wink:

The InsideEv's report is for the US only, but if you'd like to see international reporting you should let them know! :mrgreen:
I think there are a lot of EV enthusiasts using their info who would appreciate seeing information regarding other countries and models.

That thread started 4 years ago has over 200 pages. Might be easier to understand what you're referencing and would like for me to take away from it (as it relates to sharing your feedback with InsideEV's) if you summarize your thoughts on the subject here. I admit I stopped reading after the topic changed to animals vs. humans fairly early in the thread. :)

Hehe... OK. Easy question... Watts far and away the most popular EV in the world today? :wink:

Back