Infineon controller programing information

geoff57

10 kW
this is by way of a sister thread to the thread knuckles is doing on the infineon controller techecnical thread.
This thread Is aimed at showing just what the infineon can do with the advanced options.
tests are being done with a Puma motor under no load, when these tests are compleat I will start on load tests, since they are all no load they are of use because they relate to the other tests done on the same motor at diffrent "speed" and voltage settings this is not so much a comparison to other motors or other controller as within this motor controller setup.
First have a read of a pdf I wrote on the infineons advanced features.

Here are the first results of the speed comparison tests in the formo of an exel spread sheet, the device used to mesure rpm of the motor is a power analyzer pro this uses back EMF the settings on the PApro like with a CA are not perfect so I have to manipulate the raw data to get figures that mean something, example PApro thinks there are 8 poles and the Puma has 32 poles so I have to devide raw data by 4 to get rpm of motor, since it is a geared motor 5:1 I then have to devide the motor rpm by 5 to get wheel rpm. this is a common practise. the CA needs a somthing like this to get acurate speed results when working with motors over 16 poles and or geared motors if you don't want to resort to an external speed sensor.
Look at the data and see for yourself.

Attachments

• 36 v test data.xls
    103 KB · Views: 510
fechter said:
What do you use to interface the controller to the computer?
so far outside of china me and knuckles are the only ones to have the interface, we had a hell a of a time getting them, now we know more about just what it can do knuckles is going to get some more in for sale, here in the UK we will get some as well.
the interface connects to a serial port and takes power from a usb port. As I have no serial ports on my computer I bought a Usb to serial converter, result a serial port on com 4 and the program works fine so dont worry if you have no serial ports.
the sofware was dowloaded from the net, we though it was not Vista compatable but we have found this not to be so it will work on Xp and Vista based windows PC computers (knuckles uses Xp I use Vista).

fechter said:
What do you use to interface the controller to the computer?
This cable ... of course! 8)
PC_2_Infineon_Flash_Connector.jpg

So does Santa live in Hong Kong? Has fechter been naughty or nice? :roll:

hi
the cable above is identical to mine, for sale we will have an external connector on the infineon so you don't have to open up the board to reprogram the controller with a sutable end connector.

Back