ELTEK Flatpack2 48/2000 (eaton alternative)

dgh853 said:
You might have missed my earlier comment about the twin fan grey fascia units. They cannot be permanently set using the same commands for the black fascia single fan units. I have tried them and they simply don't work.

If you can't be certain you can permanently change the voltage then you'll have to be happy with the default voltage which will be 53-54V from memory.

Be aware also that the 3000W units push 60A so you'll need a good PCB connector with 3 or 4 oz cu and a plug that will handle 60A current.
I'm more confused than ever now. This is the Flatpack2 3000W HE version which is not the same as yours and also different from all other Flatpack2 3000W supplies I have seen previously.

IMG_20170315_165226.jpg
IMG_20170315_164749.jpg

The ones I've not been able to program are the 48V 2000 Flatpack 2 with grey fascia and twin fans.

It is different to yours in that it's not an HE model but it is a twin fan grey fascia model. The HE models that forum members are actively buying and are able to permanently set are the black single fan models, mostly 48V 2000HE (and the newer 48V Flatpack S 1800s).

Merlin has said your model is rare and I would agree, I've never seen a picture of that one. The only 3000HE I have seen has the black fascia.

I'm not saying it definitely won't be permanently programmable but there's is nobody saying it has been done for that model and I'm saying I couldn't program a similar model.

If you already have it then just buy a $25 CAN to USB adaptor and try it for yourself.

dgh853 said:
The ones I've not been able to program are the 48V 2000 Flatpack 2 with grey fascia and twin fans.

It is different to yours in that it's not an HE model but it is a twin fan grey fascia model. The HE models that forum members are actively buying and are able to permanently set are the black single fan models, mostly 48V 2000HE (and the newer 48V Flatpack S 1800s).

Merlin has said your model is rare and I would agree, I've never seen a picture of that one. The only 3000HE I have seen has the black fascia.

I'm not saying it definitely won't be permanently programmable but there's is nobody saying it has been done for that model and I'm saying I couldn't program a similar model.

If you already have it then just buy a $25 CAN to USB adaptor and try it for yourself.

Thank you for the clarification. I guess the only way I'm going to find out is to try and reprogram it. I will order the CANBUS adaptor, give it a go and report my findings.

Good news! I've managed to permanently reprogram the output voltage of a silver fascia Flatpack2 HE 3000W. The process was the same as for the black fascia Flatpack2 HE as documented in this thread:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=71139

I was wondering if anyone had successfully managed to solder AC and DC connections directly to the power supply PCB, since it would be nice to do away with DIY connectors that could be prone to failure?

I've seen photos of that done. Looked OK but I think I'd prefer to connect on a less destructive way. I'm planning to make solid copper tabs rather than a PCB to connect mine (when I finally get round to it).

Hello Guys,
i´ve made an nice Case for the Flatpack 2 wich uses the original holes of the Case.
The Case and all other infos can be found on Thingiverse.com.

Here is the link to the file:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2243834

If someone is interrested getting it printed by me please write me an PM

Fred27 said:
I've seen photos of that done. Looked OK but I think I'd prefer to connect on a less destructive way. I'm planning to make solid copper tabs rather than a PCB to connect mine (when I finally get round to it).
I only plan on using my supply as a charger, so I'm fine with 'destructive' as long as it functions well.

I haven't seen any examples of permanent connections on a Flatpack2, but it looks like it'll be a bitch to achieve since the AC input pads are blocked by various components.

Hexa said:
Hello Guys,
i´ve made an nice Case for the Flatpack 2 wich uses the original holes of the Case.

Nice. How much extra length does the case add?

Hexa said:
Hello Guys,

PM sent :D :pancake:

-Cheers

Hi all. Recently I bought twice second hand flatpack2 48/2000.
Anyone can help me to program the voltage to 57V?
Thanks

Do you guys think it could be possible to install the pack on my bike as long as it is not shaking around and can get cooled down easily / is protected from water etc? :roll: Want to build a on-bike charger with it.

Hello guys! Unfortunately I managed to buy 3 damaged Elteks 48V/3000W HE versions on Ebay. I didn't need them quite long time and didn't test them as well .. Now I tried them and they are all dead, no fan spinning, nothing happening.. And it's already too late to solve it via Ebay.
So I have opened all of them and it seems, the same happened - one burned probably linear stabilisator..? I have marked it by red circle on the pic. And one broken/burned optoelectronic gate, it should be TCLT1003 which is used several times in this source (marked by blue circle). There're also burned out few on-board trails - marked by yellow.
Can anybody know, what happened, is it possible to repair, or there might be many other burned parts and therefore it makes no sense to repair?
Thank you a lot for all the ideas you send... Also electrical scheme would be highly appreciated!
edit.jpg

No, these can not do 60v. You could use a boost converter. Or try this model, if you can find one. https://www.eltek.com/products/flatpack2-603000-she/

Back