increse in efficency

29a

100 W
I got this 406 and it had half the range of my previous 408
same set up but speed wouldn't go over 34 kmh slower than 408.
Slowly over time it has improved, today i got my previous 408 typical 48km from same bat pack.
A really unusual thing to note is this 406 has no cogging (same resistance if no throttle and total disconect batt, still same)
Speed still doesn't exceed 34kmh (48V 35A)
Any body know why the over time improvement :?:

Rider got in better shape, temperature warmed up.

Your speech seems a little unclear. You drinking a beer 29a? :) So what are the facts you are trying to get across?

Fact: 406 = 1/2 range of 408
Fact: 34 kmh top speed - Is this the 406 or 408?

I thought you wrecked the 408?

fact:- 406 when new = half range of my previous 408 at same temperatures and same route

fact:- top speed of my 406 in 26" at 48V = 34 kmh still

fact:-Slowly the range has increased to what it should be and the rider has become 10lbs heavier

fact:-When new the 406 had no cogging effect at all, now it has slight cogging.

fact :-My repaired 408 (which isnt as fast as it was) is still faster than my 406

Does anyone know a reason for the increase in efficency of the 406 :?:
Is it likely to revert to its previous state :?:

29a said:
Does anyone know a reason for the increase in efficency of the 406 :?:
Is it likely to revert to its previous state :?:

Maybe distance between stator and rotor was decreased ? ( more cogging -higher torque, better efficiency )

But it is unverified idea only.

Mmmm. Maybe the motor is magnetizing itself. Being that the motor is way slower then its suppose to be, I would call the place where you got it and send it back. Where you getting all these bad motors at?

Are you using Nimh & had they been sitting idle for close to a month since you last worked them? That would account for a slight improvement in range as you put a few cycles back into them. Just mention it in case you haven't considered that it might be working into the mix. No cogging defiantly isn't right, but why it would correct itself all I can imagine is something wasn't quite seated right & has now fallen into place maybe.

That sounds odd.

I could imagine if the batteries sat around all winter and got lazy, they might improve with a few cycles.

The cogging thing is strange. Possibly one of the phase wires had a bad connection that got better? With one phase wire disconnected, the motor would still run, but it would be weak.

Thanks all,
Not a batt prob as I ride all season,
I was thinking a problem with the permanent magnets, because of the nocogging when not using any throttle but maybe as Fechter said a bad hall wire would explain the extreme lack of speed.
Its under warrenty so i'm not going to open it up, I think i'll just return it
All my stuff came directly or indirectly (no matter which canadian retailer i place the order with) from ebikes.ca

Back