X5 5304 hub motor where to find in Canada?

Doctorbass

100 GW
Any use a front X5 5304 configuration here?

The reason why i wonder about that is that no more 5304 REAR hub motor are availlable in canada... :(

I woinder if it is suitable for me to wait until they were availlable or if i could buy a front version that is still availlable now...

Zev from ebikes.ca wrote me:
"Hi Stephan,

There are no more rear 5304 motors in stock. We have a 5305 rear, and
a 5304 front both here in 26 inch wheels. I have to check on the 72
volt controller situation, because I might have promised it to someone
else... I will know by tomorrow."

I dont want to pay brokage fee and costly shipping from the US or anywhere to Canada...

What can i do?.. What would you suggest?

Thanks guys

Uhm.. Ypedal is waiting for his parts.. as of yesterday the boat is in the St-Lawrence straight.. should dock this week sometime. :p

Gotta clear customs, and get the skid from Quebec to NewBrunswick !

Do the dance of joy, and go thru everything to figure out if i actually got what i ordered.. then i'll know more !

F.Y.I.
Gaston.

( I have a 5304 front in a 26" at home now, with about 10kms on it ! but no rear. )

Ypedal said:
Uhm.. Ypedal is waiting for his parts.. as of yesterday the boat is in the St-Lawrence straight.. should dock this week sometime. :p

Gotta clear customs, and get the skid from Quebec to NewBrunswick !

Do the dance of joy, and go thru everything to figure out if i actually got what i ordered.. then i'll know more !

F.Y.I.
Gaston.

( I have a 5304 front in a 26" at home now, with about 10kms on it ! but no rear. )

Would you mean you could have some rear 5304 soon (less than a week)?

I seen you are distributor right?

I will contact you tonight for details

Thanks

Wherever you buy it, I'd get the 5305 rear and then give it enough voltage to reach whatever speed you need. I wanted the 5305/26" combo, but couldn't find one, so instead I got a 5304/24" from Justin at ebikes.ca . At 80 volts, it's good for 45mph.

xyster said:
Wherever you buy it, I'd get the 5305 rear and then give it enough voltage to reach whatever speed you need. I wanted the 5305/26" combo, but couldn't find one, so instead I got a 5304/24" from Justin at ebikes.ca . At 80 volts, it's good for 45mph.

Xyster, I know you are High voltage fanatic :wink: I seen your 18650 pack... but i am just beginning about e-bike.. i would like to go first with 36 or 48V and after that, when i will be addicted to speed I will probably add some M1 A123 cells, but between 0.76 and 0.97kph/V, there is a big difference i think....

Zev and Justin, have no available rear 5304 left and have one 5305 left, but i stick on the 5304 anyway.

Anyone had good experience about purchasing at JV bike ?

Doc

The 5304 is the best wind in my opinion. The 05 doesn't give much improvment in torque and efficiency compared to the speed you lose, and the 03 which I have is too fast for most people, and unless run at high RPM, you don't get into it's optimal efficiency range.

I've never bought anything from JV Bike, but I've been to their store and they seem like very nice people.

Lowell said:
The 5304 is the best wind in my opinion. The 05 doesn't give much improvment in torque and efficiency compared to the speed you lose, and the 03 which I have is too fast for most people, and unless run at high RPM, you don't get into it's optimal efficiency range.

I've never bought anything from JV Bike, but I've been to their store and they seem like very nice people.

:wink: Thanks for those details! that's exactly the answer i was waiting for!

I seen on the simulator of ebikes.ca what you said about torque improovment between 5304 and 5305.. I agree..

Doc

I think I got one of the last rear 5304's from Justin a few months ago . Running it at 72v 35a right now . Top speed around 65km/hr on the flat . Will be adding a 4s or 5s emoli pack and increasing amperage to give more torque on the hills and better top speed but otherwise very happy with it .

In my last e-mail, Zev from ebikes.ca said that when using the 5304 at 72V, a controller (35A I think) could fry if runned at 100% starting at 0kph :? . Is it possible?.. the current limiting circuit would not be 100% operational?

Doc

Doctorbass said:
In my last e-mail, Zev from ebikes.ca said that when using the 5304 at 72V, a controller (35A I think) could fry if runned at 100% starting at 0kph :? . Is it possible?.. the current limiting circuit would not be 100% operational?

Doc

Average current would like be limited to right limits, but controller works at extremly low Duty this way ( the more battery Volts - the lower is Duty ). So the controller's loss is extremly high at that point. The same (my tip ) i talk to Safe ( correct the green line and he ignored me again and again as he is novice still )
lets look here

Well.. after contacting :

-Marcius technologies
-ebikes.ca
-JV bike
-Ypedal

NO REAR 5304 or 5303 availlable at this time.. and for many weeks also..

:( :(

I dont want to order from the US because of shipping and brokage fee!!

Any help to buy this RARE hum motor in Canada and geting it in less than 2 weeks??

any used one? :?

!= = = = =----H E L P ----= = = = =!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
The 72V controller could fry anyway, which is why the sticky 72V Controller Modification thread was created, but what Zev is talking about is when you use maximum throttle right from a stop. There's no reason to do that and you're generally encouraged to use gentle throttle at first and ramp it up.

Back