Ex Drain Brain V2

Wow, what a useful bit of kit. Programable current limiting will make much things much easier for anyone building their own battery pack and pushing the limits of their motor without frying it.

I imagine it would also be pretty useful for ebike manufacturers to integrate onto their bikes.

Yeah I love it

I wonder how many of us have got a controller that you can plug it in to though? brilliant device though as was the original unit, must try to think of a suitable name for it!

I can see them selling like hot cakes esp people that are building a system from scratch.

One thing I have noticed is the newer xlyte controllers ramp down rather than cut out on low volts, the other day when testing a lipo I tried taking it down to 2.9V per cell but the controller limited it right down to just an amp or 2? my other controller cuts out, this once ramps down anyone else noticed this? maybe an early implementation of Justins requirements?

Great Idea, I would like to see the controllers come from the factory with adjustable current limits and lv cut offs on knobs on the face plate, this would be useful, they could also put a throttle limiter on it as well, I use one on my bike its so useful on long rides, the could incorporate all this in to the stock controller, may need a re-design to do it though.

Kenny is quite accommodating just have to ask him and he will do it if there is enough demand, the rear of the controller could easily accommodate 3 x small pots to make these adjustable.

I think I will have a go at doing this myself, the throttle limiter is nice to have on the bars though so may just leave the adjustable current limit and LV cut off on the plate.

Justin has done a great job with these and I would happily beta test one for him as I regularly play with all sorts from 37V-100V, however I would need a new controller and that would need modifying with new fets! In some ways I am pleased however Kenny needs to make the controllers more reliable at higher voltages this is important, also I hope the DB is suitably protected from controller failure you wouldnt want the Xlyte controller to take it out as well!

Knoxie

Justin has done a really great job on this one!

While it's possible to install adjustable current limiting and low voltage cutout points on the stock controller, it's much easier to install the DB2 and let it do the job for you.

I'd also like to see a "current mode" throttle feature, which shouldn't be too hard to implement. I guess he's saving that for ver. 3 :D

I better come up with that new name.......

Back