e-crazyman controller oddities

gwhy!

100 kW
I have a 806 and works perfectly default set to 120 degree timing but I have just received a new controller , its a 206 and I have a problem with the timing. Is there a hardware setting to set the timing as well as using the software on the 206. I have software set the timing to 120 degrees but the motor will not run correctly it ran better before i re-programmed ( maybe it was default set for auto timing which I will re-try ) but it still did not run perfect anybody got any ideas? if there is a hardware setting would this have to be matched to what the software is set to... :?:

ok I have tested my new controller always using the software and I have came to the conclusion that it is broke ( knackard from new ) if you wind up the throttle very very slowly the motor runs but if you twist the throttle fast the motor just gives a little kick then stops ( like the timing is out ) :cry: I have made a few measurements on the board . Have anyone got any suggestions what can be wrong, there are no loose connections so it is to do with the electronics. As I am new to 3 phase controllers Im not sure where to start to find the fault, the 5v rail is clean the hall signals are clean and getting to the board.. is there a circuit diagram available for the ecrazyman 116 controller :?: .. any help pointers will be helpful.

The first of these 206s that I modified would cut out when the throttle was applied too suddenly. I discovered that I'd put the wrong value power resister in by mistake (the big grey one standing up near the big capacitor) and was able to correct it and solve the issue.
Is this a possible cause in your case?

General info on the EB206s controller on my thread here: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12616
(I'm still finishing making them...)

Ben.

BenMoore said:
The first of these 206s that I modified would cut out when the throttle was applied too suddenly. I discovered that I'd put the wrong value power resister in by mistake (the big grey one standing up near the big capacitor) and was able to correct it and solve the issue.
Is this a possible cause in your case?

General info on the EB206s controller on my thread here: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12616
(I'm still finishing making them...)

Ben.

Thanks Ben for pointing to this but no joy :( , I Have just recvied another controller for crazyman ( 6 fet ) but with the correct operating voltage that I need 44v the other was a stock 36v ( talked about in previous post above ) that I modded to work at 48v but because of the probelms with starting I assumed it was broken and I couldnt return it because I modded it to the max ( so I bought another ) . My new 48v controller un modded controller does exactly the same thing ( cuts out when very first winding up the throttle) if you can get the motor to stay running after winding up the throttle ( very slowly ) it appears to be ok with sudden throttle changes as long as you dont let the motor speed get to slow. There is nothing going on in the voltage circuitry that drops down the voltages that looks like it can cause this problem, one intresting thing is that both my 206 controllers were made withing 15 days of eachother . I have a 209 controller that works perfectly so im very confused and a bit pissed off at the mo .

Back