help, my battery will not accept a charge

i hook up my battery charger, and it just flashes the yellow light. Meaning it is not charging, the battery is not hot, is it time to open up the patient. oh no

Need more info, starting with the type of battery and charger.

Thanks X, i actually found the problem a broken yellow wire leading out of the pack. i Half opened the factory packaging and found the broken wire,
the patient is now resting, recharging after emergency procedures, and should be up and running in about 2 - 3 hours
btw, 48 volt ni/cads, ni/hm, not sure, i ordered ni cads, but i think they might be ni hm 's

btw, 48 volt ni/cads, ni/hm, not sure, i ordered ni cads, but i think they might be ni hm 's

What is their AH rating, drain-rate (C rating), and pack weight? From where did you get them? Any markings on the cells that you can see? Their true identity should be discoverable from those clues. Glad to hear the procedure was successful and that the patient is recovering voltage. :)

ok getting on it, gf is on way over, will take pics
on the packaging is sanforce battery f 8000 m/ a?(not legiable) 48 volt
btw, the battery charger says it is a ni hm ,

got them from joshua, at ev solutions

newbie electric rider said:
ok getting on it, gf is on way over, will take pics
on the packaging is sanforce battery f 8000 m/ a?(not legiable) 48 volt
btw, the battery charger says it is a ni hm ,

NiMH chargers charge either Nicad or NiMH just fine. Nicad chargers (which are becoming rare these days) only charge Nicad batteries Ok. So that info bit tells us zip.

Ypedal said:
The cell lenght on nimh 8ah is similar to a D cell.. the 8ah Nicad are usually F cells ( 30 % longer )

Aren't Justin's 8ah nicads D cells, and his 5ah nicads C cells? Wouldn't these, coming from Joshua, likely be the same cells?

I know the crummy Nicads sold by batteryspace, all-battery et al are 7ah F cells....

OK, thanks for the xyster error correction proclamation. :)

The only thing I hate more than being wrong, is continuing to be wrong.

Most likely, any cells from Joshua are stock from Justin, the one's i have are very decent, the 8ah packs will deliver 8ah + ( i did a range test a while back and got something like 8.5 ah ... would need to search for exact nubmers)

The interconects on the Nicad packs are not the greatest, pretty thin, and some of the spot welds would be better, but in general, these nicads are a good bang for the buck for 20 amps or less.

hieght 3 1/2 inches (9 cm)
width 5 3/4 (14.5)
length 11 (28 )
40 batteries total 5 * 8

Back