Left hand throttle?

Elmweaver

10 W
I just had a rude awakening, I went for a ride this morning and as I looked at the right handle bar I suddenly realized there is no place to put a twist throttle or even a thumb throttle for that matter.

The whole space is used for the gear shift (half grip) and the brake lever mount. How are people mounting the throttle assembly on their bikes I am left wondering.

Any help figuring this one out would be great as right now I can only see mounting a thumb shift upside down on the left bar which will make using it awkward at best. Or do they make left hand throttles?

I had the same issue with mine at first. I bought a "thumb shifter" that would work for the back gear shifter and then had to move it over far enough that the throttle would fit underneath it properly. The thumb shifter I have to use my "index finger" to shift to higher gears and my thumb to shift to lower gears. The space works out that they don't collide with each other. I can be giving the motor juice and shift the rear gears without any problems.

Attachments

• throttle_01.jpg
    throttle_01.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,441
  • throttle_02.jpg
    throttle_02.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2,442
Thanks for the feedback on that. I am now thinking that maybe I can move the gear shift to the left bar and just shift backwards. I would think that would work.

I normally don't shift gears at all when I ride so shifting is something I will need to get used to doing anyway and since I have not learned up and down as being one way or the other making the change now may not be so bad.

Think I will break out the tools and try it in advance to see if that works out.

Yep moving the shifter works well for me since I am left handed anyway. The only difference is the direction it turns to go up or down, can still read it fine.

Cool, solves that problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back