help translate Chinglish to English

greenspark

100 W
Steven Deng at http://elifebike.com/peng/info.asp?TypID=(Down) has put up some very useful pdf's regarding how to wire the controller to the various bits. However, Steven's English is not fluent and subject to confusion. I propose we help him. For example, I came across a post that says the "meter" actually means that this wire hooks up to a speedometer, which is a very nice feature. This should be added to number 5 (below - see image).

And "Automatic study wire: SM wires (Blue) Plug in: automatic study; disconnected after automatic studied overhead the motor,plug in the SM wires,then connect the power and motor will rotate automatically and then stop; after several rotation,the motor rotate clockwise,then disconnect the SM wires and the controller will memorize this phase sequence eternally" should probably read in English:

"12. Automatic programming of the controller to the motor: SM wires (Blue) Plug these two connectors together to each other. Connect the power and run the motor several times. The motor should rotate clockwise. Repeat this action several times so the controller can memorize the correct settings. These should be retained by the controller even when power is disconnected. When the automatic programming of the controller is completed, unplug."

The above is a direct translation. Someone who actually understands this stuff may want to add more information. First, my wires are not blue, but they do match the connectors; this should be noted as (sometimes Blue). Second, the term rotate clockwise depends on which side of the wheel you observe it from. Better if it says rotate so the motor/wheel turns in the direction that would drive the bike forward, not backwards. Also, it is a bit unclear if "then stop; after several rotation,the motor rotate clockwise" means to turn the battery or powered off after each cycle, or if it means the wheel should be powered up and turned once, but the motor should turn say ten times before the controller memorizes it. I took a guess in my translation, but it would be better if someone who is more technical gave the correct instructions.

Below is a snippit of one of the documents. I suggest that someone who actually has worked with this controller take the number and then write a translation (as I have done above for number 12) with helpful hints. Remember your audience will be newbies for whom all of this is new. Our role is to make it easy for them to buy and install ebike kits. We do this for free, and when we are done we gift it to Steven asking him to post it on his site. PS: I am not connected with Steven except that I bought stuff from him and struggled with the documentation.

Back