Bafang Hall Effect replacement

I think generally people recommend using Honeywell SS41 sensors.

You can get them from Digikey, but I recently got some (these are not Honeywell, so I actually don't know what their temperature specs are like) from Little Bird Electronics (in Aus), and they were good and delivery was fast etc..:

http://littlebirdelectronics.com/products/hall-effect-sensor

Love your avatar by the way, I have always thought a postie bike would make a great conversion.

Cheers, Phil.

the labels on the chinese parts are not the same as what we see with western stock numbers, but usually the hall sensors have 41 printed on them, but they cannot print the full SS41 or they would be in violation of trademark infringement laws.

Thanks,

That info helps.
Phil... The Honda E-Mail or Post-E (as it is now affectionately known), is fantastic. Unfortunately i have found recently that thundersky's don't like being laid on the flat side. Apparently the electrolyte does eventually drop due to gravity and exposes part of the anode/cathode and reducing the range considerably. This doesn't affect performance so much as range. I have the controller limited at 60% to prevent whiplash.

Cheers 8)

hi micart671, looking for some tips on fitting those halls, what positions are they in? iv got a senor less model that needs them fitted. Got the same honeywell sensors. just need to know where to put them!

thanks for that, i had figured out the wiring of the sensors, just trying to work out where to put them inside the motor, and how far apart.

Back