CA speed data acting weird above 50kph

fractal

1 kW
I noticed that my CA is giving me weird speed data above 50kph??? Its giving all kinds of readings and changes really fast. My pole count is right, the shunt value is right. Any ideas???

DP version? If so, perhaps glitches in the hall signals, induced noise from phase wires since they run parallel and unshielded in most setups. Shielding the halls might fix it, or perhaps adding very small (0.1uF or less) ceramic caps to the hall lines at the controller PCB. (acutally only needed on the hall line that's running the CA speedo line)

SA version? Have sometimes had problems when magnet was in same general radius as cover bolts or disc bolts; those would sometimes false trigger the reed at higher speeds, presumably because they had just enough magnetism to retrigger it after it had been triggered and was just disconnecting after the magnet passed, whne the boltheads passed it and retriggered it. Would be intermittent and inconsistent, most of the time this happened to me. Moving the sensor a bit usually fixed it, sometimes requiring moving the magnet and sensor to a different radius than any of the bolts.

DP version, will try shielding the hall wires. Thanks Amberwolf!!!

Did the 0,1uF worked for you ?
I have the same problem ..above 52km it shows the wrong speed or goes to zero...

And if it works can you show your modification?

MrKang said:
Did the 0,1uF worked for you ?
I have the same problem ..above 52km it shows the wrong speed or goes to zero...

And if it works can you show your modification?

Turns out it stopped acting weird before I was going to do the mods!!! So I will leave it alone for now.

Back