New Kit+Battery - No Power/Throttle - Please HELP

Neiler106

100 W
This is my first build.

I have everything all setup, a new GNG Gen2 Kit with the engine, throttle, and controller all mounted for my first test and the 15ah Ping Battery Pack.

I got my Ping Pack today, and charged it, all the led's from the BMS lit up showing a balance and charge. I was surprised because the BMS said it was fully charged after just a few mins. When I finally went to connect the battery, there was a large spark. It startled me and I pulled back and attempted a 2nd connection, this time expecting the spark. The spark was much smaller the 2nd time.

I tried charging again, again BMS said was fully charged after a few minutes, there was no spark on the third connection attempt. From what I understand this sparking is normal, like a car battery being jumped.

But when I apply throttle, nothing happens, no heat from the controller or motor, no noises, nothing happens aside from my own extended exhale.

I need help troubleshooting... and have no clue where to begin.

This is my reply message from Jon Chan.

I will have to see if there are any further troubles after my sodering job. With any luck it will all work.

"Dear Neil,
The key lock wire should be connected to (+) pole with the Thick red wire together (constant connection like soldering ) to enable the controller work.Thanks!
Jon"

As I wrote in the other thread: You have to do what Jon Chan said. Connect the ignition (key lock) wire.

d8veh said:
As I wrote in the other thread: You have to do what Jon Chan said. Connect the ignition (key lock) wire.

right but to I connect it to the red+ wire coming from the connector on the controller side, and then just plug in the battery. In otherwords battery connector is +/- and connects to a controller connector that is +KeyOn combo soder/-

Or do I have to create a separate connection making my battery connector 3 prong (+/-/key on) and my controller connector 3 prong (+/-/key on)

There's no right way to do it. You can do it any way you want, but your controller won't give power until that thin red wire is at 36/48v or whatever your battery is. You can solder it to the thick red wire, then, when you connect the battery, the control will be on. You can put a switch on it, which will act as a controller "stand-by" switch.

Back