Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
Buk___
100 W
100 W

Re: Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Post by Buk___ » Dec 02, 2017 8:10 am

nio88 wrote:
Dec 02, 2017 7:44 am
my problem is, my battery pack is a welded pack :(, it´s not easy remove that group and charge it, and not sure how I can insolate that group and charge it without disassesemble part of the battery...

If some cells are wrong in that group it´s going to be a pain in the ass :?
I had a similar problem, but found out that if you connect via (or at the attachment points for) the balance leads, you can test and charge each group in isolation. Be sure to respect the polarity when charging.

litespeed
100 kW
100 kW

Post by litespeed » Dec 02, 2017 9:51 am

What Buk___ said is exactly right. You can charge or discharge a "P" row and cycle to find out what's going on. You have to pull the connections to find out which cell is bad in the "P" row though.

Good luck.

Tom
I'm married so you know I'm no stranger to pain!

nio88
10 mW
10 mW

Post by nio88 » Dec 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Ok, I´m going to try it :)
just to confirm, so basically connecting a rc charger to 1s, on negative (13) positive (14) (that should be the correct polarity, isn´t it?) until that group is at same level, is that correct?

Thank you so much for the tips guys...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (39.63 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Dec 03, 2017 10:10 pm

be honest dude....who build this battery :D

ask the dude to help you charging this "P".

if this was really your work, get your multimeter and measure the voltage.
0,1v difference are "visible" on your multimeter :P

if you found the 0,1 difference you have the right "-" and "+" where you connect your RC charger.
if you charging: disconnect all other wires. from the Battery. ALL(!)

just plug in the two tiny bms wires and charge with very low current.

but i think theres something wrong. a bad cell or a bad(not) contact on one cell.
because if you only have 1-2 discharges and it differs so much its simple less capacity on this "P"

csc
10 W
10 W

Post by csc » Dec 04, 2017 3:32 pm

I found a trick to push the slave speed limit in 2wd mode ! More details here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 8#p1338398

nio88
10 mW
10 mW

Post by nio88 » Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Merlin wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 10:10 pm
be honest dude....who build this battery :D

ask the dude to help you charging this "P".

if this was really your work, get your multimeter and measure the voltage.
0,1v difference are "visible" on your multimeter :P

if you found the 0,1 difference you have the right "-" and "+" where you connect your RC charger.
if you charging: disconnect all other wires. from the Battery. ALL(!)

just plug in the two tiny bms wires and charge with very low current.

but i think theres something wrong. a bad cell or a bad(not) contact on one cell.
because if you only have 1-2 discharges and it differs so much its simple less capacity on this "P"
haha Merlin, just i know it was a noob question, I already leveled that group thanks for your first explanation through the balance cable, and of course for the second one :p, but I only wanted to confirm the theory hahah, a double check is always welcome :), and yes, the multimeter did the trick :)

Now we will see how fast the group goes down (I hope they don´t), and if they go down very fast, I will check all the connections in that group.

Thanks again Merlin.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

if you want to thank "us"....come back IF things come worse + if things goes well.
the best thank you is always report back whatever happend...this helps other guys if they in a same situation.

Cricket_Swe
100 W
100 W

Post by Cricket_Swe » Dec 11, 2017 4:31 am

Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote:
Mar 04, 2015 9:23 am
Dear Friends,

We've received many questions recently regarding the external on/off button (or a key switch) implementation for our controller.
Firstly, for those ordering the controllers now - we can include this option upon request.
Secondly, if you already got the controller - you could always send it to us and we will install the cable for button integration at reasonable price (no more than 20 USD). Return shipping is always on us.

Thirdly, if you got the controller and are not ready to wait for the shipping period we have worked out the following simple guide on how to do it yourself.

PLEASE NOTE: use the guide ONLY if you've got enough experience in soldering because opening up the controller automatically stops the warranty coverage. Thus Adaptto E-Drive Lab Ltd. will not be liable for any problems caused by your actions starting from the controller opening.

Let's start:

1) To open up the controller - GENTLY undo the following screws Image

2) Withdraw the inner part of the controller and unscrew these studs thus releasing the processor board: Image

3) On processor board you need to concentrate on the line shown: Image

4) ACCURATELY cut the line in the middle (with the knife for example) Image
Result: Image

5) Clear the rest of the line up until the copper: Image

6) Tin-plate: Image

7) Solder the wire for the button (DON'T forget to apply the thermal setting) : Image

8 ) That's it. Now just drill out the new bore for the cable soldered. Here is the perfect place for it: Image

Hope this helps,
All the best!
Thanks! This is what I'll be doing this weekend.