new build, ran into a snag w/ sunwin controller & CAv3

Dream_Crusher

100 µW
So right now I'm being extremely irresponsible and I'm currently mounting an H4060 on my old hardtail. Unfortunately I've hit a snag with the build. I picked up a Sunwin 72v controller and mounted the thing to the bike. With it I have a cycle anyalst V3 unit that's connected to the throttle and speed cables, is powered by the antitheft power cables, and is accurately reading throttle input.

Even with all this, the bike fails to respond to any throttle movement. Does anyone know if there's any documentation on this controller(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBLYD3U?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links)? I've looked everywhere and haven't found a thing. Any help is much appreciated.

amberwolf said:
Without the CA connected does it work? If it does, then it's probably a setting in the CA, and you can look up Teklektik's UUG for step-by-step guides to setting it up for your bike..

Are you using a 72V battery pack? If not, then your controller's LVC could be higher than your pack voltage, and keeping the controller from operating.

the V3 CA requires the throttle to be wired to it, then the unit passes the throttle to the controller. if I remove the CA, the throttle then has to be rewired to the controller

Generally, starting without the CA plugged in is a good policy to make sure the bike works. But, you seem to be past that, and frankly it probably would run okay - so....

There are a flock of things that could be buggering up your CA - both hardware and settings - and it's time consuming to try to diagnose a general failure like this by posting.

The Guide will lead you step by step to get your CA working IF YOU DO EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS - WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Every step is there for a reason and everything is done in a specific order for a purpose. Speed reading, skipping steps, etc can have unforeseen consequences (to you) that can foul everything up.

If you have not used the Guide in your setup or have skipped about and only used 'relevant' sections, I recommend that you re-flash your unit to default and then start again. Truth be told, there are many many options that will not apply and you will quickly scoot through the pages.

Back