24-48V unknown controller

agniusm

1 MW
I got this controller some time ago out of old forklift. There is a jumper that sais 24v and 48v, 3 pin so I assumed its 24 or 48v controller. I am trying to hook it up and test if it is working but have no data about it even to start. Main terimnals are +, - A1, A2 and D. So + and - goes to the battery, no brainer. I think D and A1 goes to brushed motor. There are two DB9 connectors, oneplug and one socket on the maindoard.
Anyone with links or datasheets appreciated.
Photos:
20140830_131327.jpg

20140830_131337.jpg

20140830_131343.jpg

20140830_131348.jpg

20140830_131353.jpg

DB9 PCB plug contains 8 wires. Red, white, braun, green, yellow, grey, pink and blue. No voltage and no continuity between any of these wires.
DB9 PCB socket contains 5 wires. Green, yellow, white, braun and grey. No voltage between any of these wires. Continuity between braun and green. Between braun and yellow shows 555 or 1280 when swapped.

agniusm said:
Main terimnals are +, - A1, A2 and D. So + and - goes to the battery, no brainer. I think D and A1 goes to brushed motor.

Not sure about D, but I've seen various brushed motors with the A1 / A2 designations on their terminals. D could be for direction, and might go to a relay.

B, L, F, and H I'm not sure about.

The 9pins could be anything from sensor inputs to programming to idiot-light outputs.

Also...is that a transformer under the labels for the terminals/etc? Or just a big choke?

DIYElectricCar forums have a lot of info about various forklift brushed motors and controllers, so that woudl be worth looking thru.

Major here on ES is also Major on DIYEC, and knows more than a little about this kind of thing.

Found out that it is Jungheinrich MP516F controller 24/48V. no data on the web. I have found that there is software on the internet for Jungheinrich forklift parts an repair manual so i might be able to dig it up from there. Just need to wait until 6GB of data is downloaded:

Jeti9.png

Back