Magic Pie 4 with Cycle Analyst 3.0 - wheel not turning

ledhed

10 µW
hello everybody. newbie here. i'm in Ontario Canada, 48 yrs old.

i read everywhere, researched until my eyeballs hurt, put all my components together meticulously, and my worst fear came to light, wheel won't turn upon throttle input.
i need help on any set up i may have missed. i.e. i am not sure how many cells are in my battery.

i recently bought:
magic pie 4 vector rear wheel 1000w
48V10AH LiFePO4 battery
Cycle Analyst V3 with Shunt V3

-i hooked all up according to videos and directions.
-i power it up.
-CA receives power
-i set up some settings in CA, i.e. voltage, battery type, and disabled some features for now, i.e. PAS, temp, and couple others.
-CA reads 54.1v 3w
-lights on thumb throttle are lit up, all 3.
-i hear no noises whatsoever.
-i hooked up the wheel usb cable to computer and looked at settings. i set voltage for 48v.
-nothing happens again.

i'm stuck. need help.

thanks
Rob

Great you got it working....I'm trying the latest MP4 on an older EVG PE (Police Edition) ebike using the added GM LED dash. No issues w/install.

I'm currently using a HK Nano Tech 44.4v(50.2v)/8ah battery pack in the original battery box. Range is around 15 miles using mostly full throttle.

With the current voltage I'm getting 25-26mph/40-41.6kph on level ground in complete silence. Personally I require more torque and speed, so will try a 3 18.5v/8ah (60v @ 4.0) battery pack to get the max speed allowed with current controller.

I also ordered a second MP4, though am having them rewind it for higher top speed @ 34mph/55kph, but with reduced torque. I'm curious about this setup, and if it will meet my needs. I've yet to setup the PAS, and too am curious how this feature functions in action and performance.

What sort of performance are you getting with your system?

kauaikit said:
Great you got it working....I'm trying the latest MP4 on an older EVG PE (Police Edition) ebike using the added GM LED dash. No issues w/install.

I'm currently using a HK Nano Tech 44.4v(50.2v)/8ah battery pack in the original battery box. Range is around 15 miles using mostly full throttle.
Hi Kauaikit,
I've got a mp4 installed using a 12s lipo pack and I've not been able to get regen braking to work. Does your setup allow for regenerative braking?

Sorry for the OT, but can you MP4 owners post a few closeup photos of the connectors?
I own MP3, but these so called "waterproof" connectors become deadly if you are driving in rain/snow (WOT and closing it by itself isnt fun at all).

Thanks!

Back