How do you connect Bafang motor to lithium battery in case?

McFly Motors

100 µW
Hi guys bought a 750w 48 v bafang motor and seperate 15ah lithium battery pack from aliexpress. Just wondering if any one knows of a solid quick release system I could install so that that I can quickly release the battery from the motor, I would like to take the battery into work with me.

Currently the Bafang motor comes with what i'm assuming is a ground and positive for the battery. The problem is my battery only has a single outlet style connection for discharging. I attached the pictures of the connectors and connection if anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to what i need to cut/add/attach/splice/solder to connect the battery to motor. If any more information is needed please let me know and i'll set it all over. A bit perplexed at this point.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,582
I do and i do. What do you recommend? I did some more research and it appears to be a 13c power cord. I'm not sure though what the green and blue cables are for though.

so you can tell B+ and B- on the battery using the voltmeter and are asking about the green and blue wires from the controller? is that where the green and blue wires connect? there should be other wires from the controller too.

Your photo isn't very clear. I'm guessing that the green and blue wires are attached to the kettle connector that you've unscrewed and pulled out from the battery. and the red and black wires are from your controller/motor. If that's what you have, use your voltmeter to find which out of the green and blue is the positive, which you will match with the red one from your controller. All you need then is the matching kettle connector and if the controller/motor wires can't reach the battery socket, some 30A red and black wire. Cut those connectors off the controller wires, solder on the extension red and black wires (if necessary), and solder the other ends to the connector.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IEC-Female-Rewireable-Connector-Socket-10A-250V-Disco-Kettle-Lead-Cable-Adapter-/280849552493?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item4163f0146d

The connectors are only rated at 10A, but I've often used them with 30A controllers. I wouldn't use one if you expect to be continuously over 25A.

You could cut off the connectors and then solder on either anderson powerpoles or Deans T connectors.

I have the same 750w Bafang system & ran the battery the way you want to, I think.
I just cut the stock connectors off & extended the leads(12ga wire) up the seat tube & mounted it under the saddle with an XT90 connector. It's very easy, you can get XT90's at Hobby king, they even have anti-spark versions now as well. I've been using this set up for around 6 months w/o a single problem. Check my thread.

Wow thanks guys! d8veh thank you very much for the information and link, I do think I will be going that route will post some pictures when I get it connected. But one more question that battery is 48V at 15 ah and the motor is a bafang 750watt mid drive, i plan on using it off road pretty hard. You say that the rewireable IEC female sockets are rated at 10A but should not be used consistently at or above 25A, my controller has a limit of 25A do you think i would be passing the safety limit and therefore should go with a powerpole connection system?

Thanks again everyone!

I didn't know you could discharge these through the charging port. It looks identical to the post battery I had. Even the wire colours iirc. That discharged out the other end, using quite separate wiring from the bms board. http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/11941982/electric_bicycle_battery_24v_10ah_sliver_fish_type_EB2410XY_LiFePO4_battery.html

friendly1uk said:
I didn't know you could discharge these through the charging port. It looks identical to the post battery I had. Even the wire colours iirc. That discharged out the other end, using quite separate wiring from the bms board. http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/11941982/electric_bicycle_battery_24v_10ah_sliver_fish_type_EB2410XY_LiFePO4_battery.html

That's the discharge port. Not all silver fish batteries have the connectors on the bottom. OP should confirm that the charge port is on the other side.

Assuming that the battery doesn't have high-discharge cells,it's rated at 15A, so 25A is pushing it. It's ok to go to 25A some of the time, but not continuously.

Regarding the connector. You have to do a good solder joint to the pins. Don't try and use the screw, which is probably what limits its rating to 10A. At 30A, I've seen some evidence of melted plastic around the pins, but they're a long way apart, so no real danger of a short. A 25A, the heat will be a lot less (69%), so should be OK.

Back