ELTEK Flatpack2 48/2000 (eaton alternative)

striker54

100 W
Hello guys,

Searching for a adaptto charger i've came across with this power supply very similar to the Eaton APR48-3G, but a little better IMO.
I made a little comparison with the two power supplies / module rectifiers:

Operating Voltage range: 85-300V AC (ELTEK) --------- 90-300V AC (EATON)

Efficiency (max): 92.5% (ELTEK) ---------- 92.0% (EATON)

Power output: 2000W @ 185-275Vac (ELTEK) ----------- 1800W @ 208-240Vac (EATON)
850W @ 85Vac (ELTEK) ----------------- 900W @ 100Vac (EATON)

Default output voltage: 53.5V (ELTEK) ---------------- 54.5V (EATON)

Adjustable Voltage range: 43.5-57.6V (ELTEK) -------------- 43.0-57.5V (EATON)

Weight: 1.9kg / 4.2lbs (ELTEK) ----------------- 1.7kg / 3.7lbs (EATON)

Dimensions: 109x41.5x327mm / 4.25x1.69x13" (ELTEK) ------------ 130x42x266mm / 5.1x1.6x10.5" (EATON)

here is the datasheet: View attachment Datasheet Flatpack2 48-2000.pdf
They have also a 3000W version: View attachment Datasheet - Flatpack2 HE Front End Rectifier.pdf
and a 48v-60v version: View attachment Datasheet Flatpack2 48-60-2000 HE.pdf

I bought it new for less than 100EUR with shipping from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161586265000

Pictures:
front panel.JPG
View attachment 6
DSC05464.JPG
DSC05451 (2).jpg
rear end.jpg

Pinout:
pinout2.jpg

Type of connectors:
eltek connectors.jpg

I've flattened some female bullet connectors to power on and to make a charge test:
Charge test.jpg

I didn't try to push more than 2000W from the ELTEk (i've limited the maximum current from power supply in adaptto to 37.4A).
I will try later to see if i can push more power.

According with the datasheet the ELTEK can adjust the voltage output but i don't know how to adjust it (for now). I know that it is possible with a Module Controller that connects via CAN but without it i don't know how.I really appreciate if someone could help with the voltage adjustment.

Here some user guides and tests that i found about the ELTEK:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m9y36nhvzhc3a66/AADRlqkEZEV8RQ81F7SiAED9a?dl=0

Best Regards.

I have been looking to make a connection board for these Eltek Flatpack rectifiers.
They can be series or parallell connected in what ever config.
I have a controller for it and has been looking at sniffing the CAN traffic and implement voltage/current adjustment that way.

A nice PCB that takes the Line connections out to a large screw terminal and the CAN to a smaller screw terminal would be perfect.

Holler if I can contribute to some joint info effort.
Eltek has a lot of nice rectifiers I have like 10 Flatpack2 and 6 Flatpack 2 HE which is the latest version.

REgards
/Per

Thanks for sharing looks a better deal than Eaton APR48-3g.
But too bad the voltage adjust problem...

What is output voltage of this unit?

Thanks!

Bump for an excellent charger option. There are a number available from this seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eltek-Flatpack-2-He-/161634525439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a22b20ff

Note that these are the 2000w HE model and are brand new. These are 96% efficient, so cool running and virtually silent.

Ohbse said:
Bump for an excellent charger option. There are a number available from this seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eltek-Flatpack-2-He-/161634525439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a22b20ff

Note that these are the 2000w HE model and are brand new. These are 96% efficient, so cool running and virtually silent.

I also bought mine from this seller. It's at a very good price.

pm_dawn said:
My flatpack2 delivers 53.80v at no load. /Per
What's the voltage under load, does it hold at 53.8.V?

Found a mod page, not sure of its reliability.
http://www.ea1ddo.es/Eltek_FlatPack2/Eltek_FlatPack2.html

striker54 said:
I've done a test and under full load (2000w output) the voltage drops 2.3v.

Hi Striker, was the measurement taken at the power supply terminals?

striker54 said:

Yeh getting that top end up to 58V for 16S LiFePo or 14S Lipo would be good for some or seriesed at 50V+50V for 24S Lipo

I'll be running 21S Lipo, so two supplies seriesed up for 44V+44V, so cranking it down to about to 42V is my target.

So here it is the wiring setup that i've done without soldering directly on the PSU.

I've used a little bit of Stripboard and solder the wires to be similar as the pcb conector of the first post:

Top of the board:
View attachment 4
It was needed to remove some thickness of the stripboard with a dremel to be possible to plug it to the PSU

Bottom of the board:
DSC05692.JPG
See that the earth connection don't pass to the top of the pcb because that is where is located the pins for the CAN communication

Some more pictures:
DSC05687.JPGView attachment 1

Final result:
DSC05686.JPG

Till now I've done more than 15 charges at full rating (2000w) without any issues.

Sorry for the delay. :oops:

striker54 said:
megacycle said:
Found a mod page, not sure of its reliability.
http://www.ea1ddo.es/Eltek_FlatPack2/Eltek_FlatPack2.html

Awesome! :D
I will try to get more information.
Thanks.

Arghhh.
The mod in that link is for the "Flatpack 2" and the version that i have is the "Flatpack 2 HE".
I look a little bit at the internals and they are a little diferente, at least the position of the board that we need to modify is not in the same place.
HE version:
PSU internals.jpg
I will try to investigate a little more when i get some free time :roll:

striker54 said:
Arghhh.
The mod in that link is for the "Flatpack 2" and the version that i have is the "Flatpack 2 HE".
I look a little bit at the internals and they are a little diferente, at least the position of the board that we need to modify is not in the same place.

Might be lucky, does the small daughter control board look the same as in the 'Flat pack 2?
I'm wondering what differences the 'HE' has.

...thats a pretty PRO looking tape job there mate.

don't kill yourself.

Just found one of those for sale, incredibly cheap for 3000w power. Came to ES to check and, as always, was not disappointed. Bought it!

3HJNcal.jpg

pJRdDh4.jpg

Thank you guys, especially for the connection pictures.

Edit: pictures added

Fixed. It seems that ES is a little less picture friendly than other forums.

Edit: will take better pictures as soon as I receive it. It cost the equivalent of 180 USD, these things are not easy to find here in Brazil.

ewinters said:
Just found one of those for sale, incredibly cheap for 3000w power. Came to ES to check and, as always, was not disappointed. Bought it!
Where from?

Back