Bafang with power levels

NHM

1 mW
Finished my rear driver road commuter with a BMC and a 23 Ah battery and loving it! It runs my 30 miles to work smoothly and stealth.
My next project is to optimize wind resistance. In short I want to build a triathlon road bike with a mid drive unit. Prefferable Bafang.
With not so optimal position for braking and power control I want to adjust the power of the unit through a device at the bar end. In example a 4 level switch giving 0-250-500-750 W. Still keeping PAS and off switch when braking.
Is that possible? Anyone done this?

As a PS. I run my bikes on open country roads with very limited traffic. Just me and the headwinds....

Thanks
Neil

There is a recent thread with something for the throttle that should do what you want, though I don't recall who it's by, it was posted in the last week or so.

If you want to optimise wind resistance completely you could convert a recumbent with a crank drive. That way you could keep the standard Bafang setup and commute in a bit more comfort as well. Have been tempted myself but the family isn't too keen as there can be a bit of traffic about!

Cant find the posting with throttle control. Anyone know where to look?

Recumbent riding would be a great project. Only problem is very tight turning curves due to booms to block cars. Only allows regular bikes. Also a cost is an issue. Those suckers cost!

Back