i'm afraid i went a bit overboard on modifying the current limit on gary's controller. i measured the voltage drop across the shunt, and added solder until the drop was 1/3 lower, expecting that would result in changing the 40A limit to 60A. The way the current limiting is done on our controllers it turns out there is quite a bit of nonlinearity, and the change i made was too drastic.
i offered to adjust it back down, but gary said he could not go back now
on the 35/40/50a controllers the current measuring shunt is 4 parallel wires about a half inch long, made of fairly high resistance wire so that they are usually about a milliohm. i soldered two of the conductors together for their whole length to get the change in gary's controllers, so if you were to solder two of them together for less than the full length it might be closer to the 60A target i was shooting for. i told gary he could remove some of the solder to reduce the current limit if he wants to later.
the 4110 fets should be able to handle 80-90A easily, but i'm not so sure about the traces on the pcb
I do not approve of this group any longer and regret what it has become. I could once share ideas here freely that is no longer possible.