Increase regen/braking strength with CA3?

Htfan

100 W
Just added a CA3 to my existing Lyen 12 FET controller. Before the CA3 I had greatly appreciated the braking effects of regen (not to mention the battery charging).

However I must be missing something in my configuration of the CA3. Looks like regen is slightly working, but no noticeable braking... at all!!!

I've searched the manual, this forum, the Web..... Tried "brake out" setting in "throt out" section to enable proportional braking. Still no noticeable effect on braking. Do I need to splice in a connection to the ebrake connector on my controller? I thought that wasn't needed anymore with CA3 connector?

I know I am just missing something simple....

Any ideas?

Htfan said:
I've searched the manual, this forum, the Web.....
...Do I need to splice in a connection to the ebrake connector on my controller?
Yes.

Please see these sections of the V3 Guide:

• "3.4 Important Conflicts with Controller Features"
    subheading "Regen Braking"
  • "5.4 Ebrakes"
    subheading "5.Device Connection"

teklektik said:
Yes.

Please see these sections of the V3 Guide:

• "3.4 Important Conflicts with Controller Features"
    subheading "Regen Braking"
  • "5.4 Ebrakes"
    subheading "5.Device Connection"

Thank you very much!

It looks like I was referencing an old out of date version of the CA3 guide. I'll get to work on this and let you know how it goes.

Much better now! Yes, splicing in a wire to the ebrake connector on the controller did the trick.

I originally assumed incorrectly that the Lyen Controller would support regen through the CA3 connector only.

Htfan said:
Much better now! Yes, splicing in a wire to the ebrake connector on the controller did the trick.

I originally assumed incorrectly that the Lyen Controller would support regen through the CA3 connector only.

which wires did you splice exactly? and were you able to get proportional regen or just one setting regen to work after this mod?

Back