Tools and Calculators

mikebermea

100 µW
Hey everyone. I am a professional Ebike builder and mechanic who builds custom ebikes for clients. I often find that customers ask questions about how fast their build will be. How much torque it will have and what kind of range they might get. The conversation naturally always ends up discussing different motor, controller, gearing, and battery options. I wanted a way to give more definite answers to their questions. I spend quite a lot of time researching physics equations and decide to develop this Excel calculator. It is not the most user friendly spreadsheet but is has worked well for me. I wanted to share this with the Ebike community. I find it to be fairly accurate (not perfect but close). It allows you to input motor, controller, and gearing specs to produce a best guess at what kind of output specs a bike might have. I really hope someone out there find this to be as useful as I have. I encourage anyone who knows how to use excel to improve on this calculator. My dream for this little spread sheet to be the go to calculator for DIY ebikers. Please let me know if you find this useful. Thanks. View attachment Ebike transmission calculator.xlsx

Back