CA3 Throttle indicator - blinking?

lwik

100 mW
AS the Subject heading said, the computer screen on the Cycle Analyst 3 shows a blinking throttle and the throttle is not engaging the motor? The blinking throttle is indicating a Wide Open Throttle.

If I change the screen to the "Diagnostic Screen" and push the throttle I can see it at the starting point of 0.86 volts and when I press the throttle WOT volts go up to 4.26, so it looks like it works. But if I power down the Phase Runner controller, then power back up and plug in the throttle it works fine and the blinking goes away and power is set to the motor?

I am guessing it is some setting that got messed up when I was setting speed limits and such.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Problem Solved.

Incase anyone else makes this mistake and finds this thread. The flashing throttle on the CA3 at start up was caused by incorrectly setting up a 'buffer' for the Throttle input voltage and output. My throttle input at 0% throttle was 0.86v and at 99% throttle it was 4.23 volts. The manual says to create a buffer which I did not catch the first time. So my Throttle min input I adjusted to 0.95 volts now, which is above the lowest setting that my throttle passes through which is 0.86 volts.

I guess since my throttle is .86 and my lowest setting was .86 it indicated that there should be current going to the motor when I powered up the controller and caused safety error. Now that the minimum voltage is .95 volts before anything happens there is a ever so slight dead zone as I increase the throttle from .86 to .95 where it then sends power to the motor.

I also adjusted the Max Input Voltage from the WOT that was 4.23 volts at 99% down to 4.10. After make these adjustments the blinking stopped and the throttle works. So there should also be just a little dead zone at the top of the throttle, just a little.

So in short... After you find your min and max input throttle values from the "Diagnostic Screen". Make sure you input a small value of .10-.15 volts HIGHER then your min value of your throttle. But for your WOT (Wide Open Throttle) make it .10-.15 volts LESS then the maximum.

Back