Programming a KH324-FS-1 infinion controller

tostino

10 kW
I just got a new 24 fet controller from EM3EV in yesterday. It's a KH324-FS-1, and man is it pretty. They're actually building good controllers these days that don't require a ton of mods to make them usable.

I am finding just about 0 info on the KHxxx series controllers on here. There used to be a ton of discussion on every different model of the Infinions, so it's surprising to me that these have almost none.

The one issue is, i'm having trouble finding info on how to program it. I downloaded the latest xpd software, but it's from 2014 and doesn't have any of the KHxxx models listed and I am not going to try programming it without at least a little discussion on if it'll work, what settings to use, etc.

Any info would be very appreciated.

Anyways, here is the album I just took of the controller: https://goo.gl/photos/wRqLVUh8PmyDn8ts5

Well, I asked EM3EV for info on it, and it looks like they don't really know anything more than I do. They don't actually know the exact model info on what they sell.

Here is the email I got back for those interested:

>Hey there, just got the controllers in and at least the 24 fet is working great. Not tested the 12 fet yet. Can you provide me the software to program them? Also, what are the exact models if you have that available. I know I can get it by opening them up... but i'd rather not at the moment. I already have a programming lead.

We just identify them by the number and type of fets. I have copied the Infineon controller programming info below, as well as included the latest driver for newer Windows OSs. Please read the instructions file carefully before making any changes.

If you have any questions, please send us an email.
Prolific Driver Installation, Win10
After installing the driver: PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0, see link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=92088474CCB8CD05!19213&authkey=!AAFI96w9ez_cHjU&ithint=file%2czip

Ensure the correct driver is active, as detailed below for Win10. Please be aware that Windows will update the driver and it will stop working when this happens. You can either go back in and select the correct driver again, or disable Automatic Driver updates.

Infineon Programming Software
Here is a link to the EB3 Programming Software and instructions. Please note that it may be necessary to select a model other than what you may expect (for example, the 6 and 9 fet controllers are programmed with the EB312, 12 fet model selected). It may also be necessary to apply scaling to the required current level on some of the models. Basically, YOU CANNOT JUST PICK THE MODEL AND ENTER CURRENT VALUES YOU REQUIRE, as you may inadvertently, be setting the controller to provide a much higher current level than you think, which risks damaging your motor, controller and battery. It is very important you read the info included and base any new settings around the provided standard settings files (.asv files). Do not program the controller before it has at least been tested and confirmed operation. Please don’t share this software openly on the internet:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=92088474CCB8CD05!1727&authkey=!AD5BGbKq1iU8hRQ&ithint=file%2czip

Providing you do have the cable to program it from EM3EV then I am surprised they have no documentation how to program it.
I am thinking you don’t know how to access the controller to program it.. still?

Did you get a PDF file to show how to program the 12fet controller?

The only info I got was what I had in that quoted text in my last post. If I had a version of the software that supported the model I have, that'd be enough. Or if I could just get some info from someone who has done it in the past saying "profile xxx will work for programming that model". I just am not too willing to experiment with it without anyone chiming in, because I just got the damn thing and it was ~$250 shipped. I'd rather not brick it right off the bat.

I think the issue is, this isn't a normal controller they sell. It wasn't listed on their controller page, I found a hidden page on their site through google, and emailed them about it. They said they could order one from their supplier for me, but they don't normally sell 24 fet controllers any more. Honestly I had a hard time finding anyone who does, which is strange to me.

I'd bet their source for their controllers is Keywin, who i've dealt with directly in the past (about 8+ years ago), but I could be wrong. The issue is they don't really have any info on this exact model any more than I do. The Parameter Designer software they sent doesn't have any of the Infineon4 models listed, just like the version stickied on here. Reading through the commits on the XPD software, there is work being done on the KH6XX controller models, and fingers crossed that'll work with the KH3XX I have...

So seriously, no one else has one of these controllers and tried to program it? Or even one of the same model range even if it's not a 24 fet?

Alright, I finally got some JST connectors in, hacked up my old programming cable from 2010 into something that should work with the EB3 controllers. I installed XPD, and used the EB3 profile, was able to both download the current configuration, as well as flash a new one. It worked perfectly.

So for future reference everyone KH3 controllers work with EB3 programming cables and profiles in XPD.

Back